I think the modeling Gods are whispering to me...

Also technically I did meet the gear in/gear out requirement set by wifey, by including my Pinnacle Deluxe pedal in the deal. Of course she wouldnt know what a Pinnacle Deluxe is if it fell off a building and hit her in the head so no harm no foul.

I think my greatest "gear lie" was telling her the GX-100 only cost us 100 bucks. I did eventually tell her the truth but my lie was "It's only a 100 bucks, hence GX-100"

1696781198894.jpeg

Also technically I did meet the gear in/gear out requirement set by wifey, by including my Pinnacle Deluxe pedal in the deal. Of course she wouldnt know what a Pinnacle Deluxe is if it fell off a building and hit her in the head so no harm no foul.

I think my greatest "gear lie" was telling her the GX-100 only cost us 100 bucks. I did eventually tell her the truth but my lie was "It's only a 100 bucks, hence GX-100"
And BTW my wife isn't dumb she just believes everything I tell her.

Damn, my wife is stone cold sober and 7 brains smarter than I.

I just buy shit.
Hahaha, same here!

Good thing is, my partner is into digital illustration gear and somewhat into photography, so she "gets" my GAS attacks and regular-purchase habit.

Still, when I got the Belle Epoch, she wasn't home, so I was able to sneak it right onto my board, rather than doing the usual show-and-tell. 😂

Hahaha, same here!

Good thing is, my partner is into digital illustration gear and somewhat into photography, so she "gets" my GAS attacks and regular-purchase habit.

Still, when I got the Belle Epoch, she wasn't home, so I was able to sneak it right onto my board, rather than doing the usual show-and-tell. 😂
My wife doesn't have many other hobbies besides her life-consuming career and couldn't care less about whatever it is I have to show her so it usually works out well, she also has a ton more crap than I ever will...
I don't think I told you about the Great Cataclysm of 2009. Long story short I had so much gear that it started piling up in the bedroom and closets in the house. Thats on top of a shed full and a finished basement fully stocked. She lost her shit.
...i knew I married "the one" when my wife agreed to receive every piece of equipment from a retiring band teacher. We (still) have four sets of drums at our house, (had) a wall of practice and keyboard amps (I sold them FFS), still have an army of acoustic guitars and piles of electric guitars in each of my kids rooms. Bulk boxes of drum sticks, hand percussion instruments, two boxes of assorted strings, cables, tuners, power strips, some gems like a Taylor Electric... They all belong to her and she just acquired a truckload of ukes

She can't say shit when I buy a few cabs and amps and pedal kits and build a few more things.

And hey, it's my money and I'm the neat freak!

Back