I Gotta Wonder About Fractal's, er, "Perception"

I still think this is purposely done for the old school Fender amp guys. Imagine you're 60 and not very tech savvy and it's your first fully digital solution. It's gotta be grade school easy, right?

What else could have been their thought process? You have to imagine lots of people were involved in the GUI decisions.
Sure? And I guess that’s fine, given that market will be alive for a few more years.

Played one again yesterday for awhile. Awful.

Where did I ever talk about badge of honour? My comment was chiefly about the distinction you made between two or more demographics. I made no value judgement whatsoever.

I even agree with you that MI companies make most of their money off hobbyists, amateurs, semi-professionals, and then a bit off of the professionals.
Then where’s the argument

What's the groupie scene like? ;)

Chronic Repression = some Horny Mothers!!

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

None of this is news, of course. I just think folks are quick to use the popular arguments to help their stance on what they purchased or chose as being "as good as" or "better" than the other options.
I’ve witnessed this behavior no matter the name on the modeler. Also seems to be fairly common on a lot of products where “brand loyalty” can pop its head up in a us vs them mentality.

My takeaway from this thread is you can headline a tour across 25 countries in 8 months and (a) not have it considered a world tour and (b) still need a "day job".

Fuck touring.
They clearly weren’t pushing their merch table hard enough. T-shirts are where the $$$ is at

I'd agree with you if we changed the term to "dominates the industry" because, in many ways, they do.

What?
There's not a single dominant piece of gear in any category when it comes to MI stuff.
There's the "I own it so therefore it's the best" syndrome, but that's pretty much it.

That said,
Knaggs guitars dominate the industry when it comes to refined Les Paul style guitars. :grin

What?
There's not a single dominant piece of gear in any category when it comes to MI stuff.
There's the "I own it so therefore it's the best" syndrome, but that's pretty much it.
I said Fractal dominates the industry, particularly the digital amp and effects modelling industry - not in sales, of course, but I do genuinely believe it is the standard that others aspire to.

And I say that as someone who doesn't currently own any Fractal gear, which I sold because I happen to prefer the Helix. ;)

but I do genuinely believe it is the standard that others aspire to

Who would you consider to be others? Just based on their recently released products I don't see a single competitor coming out with anything that's based on the Fractal ecosystem. If anything, I see Fractal needing to play catch up in some areas - just my personal opinion, I totally get that they march to their own drummer. I just don't see the other brands trying to follow their lead in any way. If anything, the digital amp industry seems to be moving away from 100% modeling as a base format.

Hey, I toss out superlatives as much as the next guy but sometimes they just come out sounding a bit whacked.

Back