I Gotta Wonder About Fractal's, er, "Perception"

It used to be done to sell albums now its done to sell shirts.
Truth
But 79 shows in 8 month aint a heavy schedule.
I have no experience to go off so I'll take your word for that but I don't give a shit what you say, 25 countries is a damn world tour 😂
When i still worked last one i did which now is eons ago (7 years) was 74 shows in 3 month (Europe only).
And i netted only about a grand.
That sounds both awesome and awful all at the same time.

Yup. Anyone assuming Cliff just wants Fractal to be another mass-produced, consumer-driven commodity
is probably missing the mark by a loooooooooooooooooooooong, looooooooooooong ways. :LOL:
Oh I do think he wants to sell stuff, but I just feel like his clientele is different and that's his market niche.

you do see plenty of Fractal in churches btw.

I’m sorry, I’d sooner want an entry level Rolex. I’m sure I’m not alone on this.

I used to lurk in a bunch of P&W fb groups, it was kinda wild to be a fly on the wall and see what they were into.

Truth

I have no experience to go off so I'll take your word for that but I don't give a shit what you say, 25 countries is a damn world tour 😂

That sounds both awesome and awful all at the same time.
It is. As i said earlier i know nothing of the band and when i goodled them a handful European dates showed only.

I absolutely stand corrected. Yes as soon as its multiple continents its a world tour.

It is. As i said earlier i know nothing of the band and when i goodled them a handful European dates showed only.

I absolutely stand corrected. Yes as soon as its multiple continents its a world tour.

They’re a decently popular band, someone you’d see on a Periphery tour. I’d imagine you’re at least aware of Periphery, it’s hard not to be as they’re kinda like the NDSP of bands, but I actually enjoy some of their output.

They’re a decently popular band, someone you’d see on a Periphery tour. I’d imagine you’re at least aware of Periphery, it’s hard not to be as they’re kinda like the NDSP of bands, but I actually enjoy some of their output.
One of the reasons i pretty much dont listen to music.
I think the last newer stuff i listened to and enjoyed Karnivool, Gojira, Polyphia.

But i likely wont listen to it again.
When i spent an average if 10-12 hours with fingers on strings silence is priceless

One of the reasons i pretty much dont listen to music.
I think the last newer stuff i listened to and enjoyed Karnivool, Gojira, Polyphia.

But i likely wont listen to it again.
When i spent an average if 10-12 hours with fingers on strings silence is priceless

Haha! I get that. I used to refuse to allow anyone to play the stereo/radio in my car on trips
home after a gig. Eventually no one would want to ride with me, and I considered my efforts
a resounding success! :LOL:

Harry Potter Silence GIF

I have the Jake Bowen Ibanez.
1. I think that’s his name
2. I think he’s in that band
3. All I know about him is he’s petruccis cousin or nephew or something like that.

I have the Jake Bowen Ibanez.
1. I think that’s his name
2. I think he’s in that band
3. All I know about him is he’s petruccis cousin or nephew or something like that.

The black and gold one??

Completely focusing on the wrong part.
You understand that I was focusing on exactly the right part all along, right?

You said this:
I’m guessing his point is most MI companies make most of their sales with amateurs and semi pros.

I said that given X, I think the distinction is becoming more and more meaningless.

I don't really understand why you want to turn that into a rant about free gear.

You understand that I was focusing on exactly the right part all along, right?

You said this:

I said that given X, I think the distinction is becoming more and more meaningless.

I don't really understand why you want to turn that into a rant about free gear.
The rant is not about free gear the rant is that the guys that slug it out 20+ nights a month with gigs to feed themself (literally the definition of Pro) are likely not the target audience.

Youre the one that made a comment about target audiences, (which im certain know enough about) into some badge of honor discussion.

The free gear blip was thrown in for good measure.

The rant is not about free gear the rant is that the guys that slug it out 20+ nights a month with gigs to feed themself (literally the definition of Pro) are likely not the target audience.

Youre the one that made a comment about target audiences, (which im certain know enough about) into some badge of honor discussion.

The free gear blip was thrown in for good measure.
Where did I ever talk about badge of honour? My comment was chiefly about the distinction you made between two or more demographics. I made no value judgement whatsoever.

I even agree with you that MI companies make most of their money off hobbyists, amateurs, semi-professionals, and then a bit off of the professionals.

Back