I got a tiny 4x12!

While drooling over @gearJunkie's 4x10, I noticed that Mojotone has a 'lite' (26"x26"x10.5") 4x12 cabinet that perfectly fits my small box head. It's 28 pounds unloaded, or 58 pounds loaded with a quad of G12Ms. Here's a pic with my 1x12 for scale.

IMG_1040.jpg

It was a VERY tight fit to get the speakers in.

IMG_1028.jpg

Pros:
  • It's 40 pounds lighter than my last 4x12
  • Narrower box makes it super easy for one person to carry
  • It's a 4x12
Cons:
  • Cabinet size combined with the oval cutout back panel = less thump
  • Slightly lower build quality than expected.

While I don't think this is the end of my cabinet search, I'm still pretty happy with it.

While drooling over @gearJunkie's 4x10, I noticed that Mojotone has a 'lite' (26"x26"x10.5") 4x12 cabinet that perfectly fits my small box head. It's 28 pounds unloaded, or 58 pounds loaded with a quad of G12Ms. Here's a pic with my 1x12 for scale.

View attachment 21219

View attachment 21221

Pros:
  • It's a 4x12
Cons:

While I don't think this is the end of my cabinet search, I'm still pretty happy with it.
Now that's a tight fit, and NOT what she said. :rofl

Seriously, great looking compact cab, but how does she sound compared to a traditional 4x12?

Now that's a tight fit, and NOT what she said. :rofl

Seriously, great looking compact cab, but how does she sound compared to a traditional 4x12?

Is this one of their Dumble style cabs?

I'd say it's 85% of a traditional 4x12 sound. I'm honestly not sure whether they did the rear port for weight or sound or both. It's sold as a 'british' style cab, but other than the grill cloth and piping it doesn't really resemble any Marshall cabs I've seen. I plan to make a solid back for it and see how that sounds.

I'd say it's 85% of a traditional 4x12 sound. I'm honestly not sure whether they did the rear port for weight or sound or both. It's sold as a 'british' style cab, but other than the grill cloth and piping it doesn't really resemble any Marshall cabs I've seen. I plan to make a solid back for it and see how that sounds.
Looks like it's pretty shallow depth so maybe the hole helps give it some more oomph. Have you tried it back fully open vs back panel in place?

I'm always in favor of cabs with a leaner low end. It sucks if you have an amp where you have to turn the bass to zero and it's still too much bass.

View attachment 21219

View attachment 21221

Pros:
  • It's a 4x12
Cons:

💯RAD💯

Looks like it's pretty shallow depth so maybe the hole helps give it some more oomph. Have you tried it back fully open vs back panel in place?

I'm always in favor of cabs with a leaner low end. It sucks if you have an amp where you have to turn the bass to zero and it's still too much bass.
There’s many preamp designs in amplifiers that do that bass thing, or when you turn up the bass it increases the gain.
Especially with humbuckers.
I hate that!!

Looks like it's pretty shallow depth so maybe the hole helps give it some more oomph.

The opening is to make it semi-open back where some of the sound coming off the speaker makes it out to hear. For it to be a ported cab the port would be 3 dimensional and be tuned at a specific frequency; like a bass cab.

Back