$#%@! I forgot…

metropolis_4

Shredder
Ever get to a gig and realize you forgot something?

I played a gig way up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere; we’re sound checking and the drummer sounds weird… I look over and he’s playing with his fingers. He forgot to bring sticks :facepalm:rofl

:rimshot

What’s your best story?

so in a previous band i forgot the power cable that powered my pedal board. i played the show straight into the amp which was fun but i missed my effects in some sections. had a back up clip on tuner thankfully. got off stage and saw they had an area with literally a wall of cables that people had left there i could have used lolololol.

several bands later i needed one more instrument cable and thought to ask. the sound guy said it was no big deal, he said lots of people leave stuff there.

Went to a friend’s house a couple years ago for a night of partying and recording, packed up my laptop, focusrite and HS-5’s along with a couple guitars, mics, etc. Drove 2.5 hours north and realized I forgot the IEC cables for the speakers and I’m in one of those smaller cities in Florida where no body has ever owned a computer and/or has no clue WTF you’re talking about when you say “IEC cable. The big power cable you plug into stuff” :rofl

Had to borrow a guitar from a dude at the bar to get through the night.
This made me think of a bar I was playing once -- a guy came in with a new lace sensor loaded strat, nice guitar, and he was showing us while were taking a break. He didn't want to sit in but wanted me to play it some that night. I said, "let me see how the last set goes and I'll try it then." So I'm playing my guitar in the last set, break a string.. keep playing, then break another string. Finish the song, then motion to the dude to hand me his guitar. Tune in up and we start playing. 30 seconds in I break a string lol. He looked disappointed and so was I. I played my backup rest of the night lol.

Went to a friend’s house a couple years ago for a night of partying and recording, packed up my laptop, focusrite and HS-5’s along with a couple guitars, mics, etc. Drove 2.5 hours north and realized I forgot the IEC cables for the speakers and I’m in one of those smaller cities in Florida where no body has ever owned a computer and/or has no clue WTF you’re talking about when you say “IEC cable. The big power cable you plug into stuff” :rofl
whats is IEC cable you speak of??? ive never heard of it :sofa i knot Ethernet cable :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

whats is IEC cable you speak of??? ive never heard of it :sofa i knot Ethernet cable :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

iu

Some America shit. :rofl

I haven't forgotten anything for any gig - not only that I have backups for everything - perhaps its because I'm a full time musician?

I haven't forgotten anything for any gig - not only that I have backups for everything - perhaps its because I'm a full time musician?

So was this drummer

I suppose you’ve also never gone on vacation and realize you forgot your sunglasses, or your toothbrush or some other thing the rest of us have forgotten at least that one time?

So was this drummer

I suppose you’ve also never gone on vacation and realize you forgot your sunglasses, or your toothbrush or some other thing the rest of us have forgotten at least that one time?
Seriously no - I don't think it's in my nature to not have every listed that I need and checked off - and before you ask - Yes I'm Fun' - I just like to be organized.:ROFLMAO:

Some people don't share the same idiosyncrasies the rest of us have...

I also cannot ever remember forgetting something. (Maybe I forgot?? :rofl) I have a gig bag that has extras of everything I use, and I'd never forget that bag.

Now we did sort of "forget" the bass drum once. On the ride to a 4-day gig, it blew off the back of the pickup truck on the highway, and we never found a trace of it!!

It was dark, and we couldn't spend a long time looking for it, but we noted the section of highway we were on, and on the drive home on Sunday afternoon we looked and looked..., I even got up on the roof of the truck as we drove real slow along both shoulders, and never found it!!

Nothing ever mission critical. On those “bring everything you need” fill in gigs, sometimes I’ll forget a guitar stand. I think I forgot a set list once, too.

Have two of everything. At least :bag

I read this thread on Saturday when it was created but had to gig out of town and didn't want to jinx myself by replying :nails:hmm:rofl

Back