How accurate are the Helix Revv amp models??

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
I'm back to thinking about buying a Revv 100R. But it's fairly pricey, around £2499 at the moment through Andertons, and they've got one left in stock.

Lately my favourite amp model to use is the Revv Red (and by extension, Revv Purple) on the Helix; I like it more than other stuff I'm getting from my Axe III, ToneX, and Amplitube - with the caveat that I recall this thread I started (https://thegearforum.com/threads/how-important-are-your-amp-tones-really.1763/) and there isn't that much between any of them.

Still... I really have a soft spot for the Revv Helix models, and that makes me want to get one of their amps.

So the question is... does anyone have experience of BOTH of them, and what can you say about a comparison between them??

I haven't played through one but I'm thinking about getting a Revv Generator 120 Mk. III. Definitely pricey but it could become my main amp for high gain tones in certain situations. I really like the feature set as well as the tones.

I'm definitely interested in any responses by people who have played both.

Where's Jason Sadites? I believe he is very familiar with both the Helix models and physical amps.

I had the Revv Generator 120 MKII and did not like it one bit. One of the highest quality builds I've had but did not care for the tone. It was just too tame/refined if that makes sense.

Anyway, I don't find the helix models "accurate" as I actually like those when I didn't like the actual amp lol but maybe the MKIII is voiced different

And what's even more wild is that when I ordered my Revv Generator 120 MkII direct from Revv I got it for $2400. Oh how things have changed

Last edited:
I had the Revv Generator 120 MKII and did not like it one bit. One of the highest quality builds I've had but did not care for the tone. It was just too tame/refined if that makes sense.

Anyway, I don't find the helix models "accurate" as I actually like those when I didn't like the actual amp lol but maybe the MKIII is voiced different

And what's even more wild is that when I ordered my Revv Generator 120 MkII direct from Revv I got it for $2400. Oh how things have changed
I think they did voice things for the MKIII series.

Andertons have one of these in stock:

But that's a damn huge chunk o' change, and I just spent all my pennies on synths recently! :rofl

I'm also thinking a pedal purge might be on the cards... and an acquisition of a GigRig G3, so I'm not exactly flush with queenies right now.

I believe in the Helix we have Revv Gen 120 MKII which is form 2019, MKIII did not appear until 2021.
I think they have the same voicing but the MKIII has way more useless bells and whistles that can go wrong.

It's one of the later models, it's probably more accurate than most of the launch models.

I think they did voice things for the MKIII series.

Andertons have one of these in stock:

But that's a damn huge chunk o' change, and I just spent all my pennies on synths recently! :rofl

I'm also thinking a pedal purge might be on the cards... and an acquisition of a GigRig G3, so I'm not exactly flush with queenies right now.

I'm going to pick up a MK III at some point but will have to wait until the financial stars are properly aligned. Maybe a Christmas present for myself.

I wish Fractal had it modeled. (Edit: ...and the Deliverance 120 and Sig:X as well.)

Last edited:
I have a Helix and a mkii, the Generator 120 is very picky on the cabinet. More so than any amp I've had. When you get the right cabinet it sounds fantastic and pretty similar to the amp models in the Helix.

nnnnngghhhhhhhhhh.... I've found a 3 channel Dual Rectifier that I might go and get........

FWIW, I’m not sure what year 3-channel I had, but it was my least favorite Dual Rec I’ve ever played. Had this odd, stiff feeling and I often felt disconnected from the tone. I had a couple 2-channels from the 90’s I loved but that 3-channel was more like an approximation of the Duals I had.

Back