IDEA: Helix Lunchbox Amp Head

kartikg3

Roadie
I woke up from my half dream state this morning with this image in my head: a beautiful lunchbox amp head sitting on top of a nice 1x12 cab, with the Helix logo in the center, kinda like the REVV D20 series form factor. Standard amp control knobs and a bunch of freely assignable infinity encoders for freely assignable params (amp / verbs / delays / mods and such), levels indicated by lights surrounding those encoders, and colour coded to indicated the kind of effect the param is controlling (std. Helix colours: green for delays, orange for verbs, blue for mods, purple for filter/pitch, orange-yellow for dist/fuzzes, lemon-yellow for EQ/Comp/Dynamics etc. Perhaps little screens / scribble strips indicating the type of params etc.

What do folks here think market for a Helix powered amp head would be?! What features do you think such a hypothetical amp head would have? (We have Katana heads in this space already for inspiration)

You're fired. Banned.

You got my hopes up that this was actually announced. :rofl
@DrewJD82 I demand his punishment for digital modeling blueballs at once! :rofl
Bro a Vetta amp head with Helix amps and FX would be in my house so fast, it would slip by my wife without her noticing or questioning me. Make it compatible with the current t Helix Control and I would BUST.

1704898825614.png
1704898906622.png
1704898950476.png

Could you go with Line6 Hardware and UI and FAS software? Maybe BOSS converters for low latency !!!

I'd be all over it if it also had some other improvements I keep asking for... and IMO it shouldn't have a tube amp or any coloring amp at all but a neutral power amp that could as well be used to drive FR cabs.

Because Helix effects are so nice, esp. in stereo, they should definitely put stereo speaker outs, and stereo DI outs for dual IRs/Dual Cabs and stereo paths, maybe even dual amps?!
Because TB2. He's like the homeless guy talking to himself on the side of the road saying random things that may or may not be coherent but nobody is listening but you kinda just let him do his thing cuz he's harmless and also when you stare into the abyss you realize we're all a little TB2 on the inside.

Back