Hotone Ampero II Stage MP-380

borrowing “stuff”

Ain't it the truth!!!
Walk into the R&D/Engineering department of any tech company and you'll find shelves over in the corner with all sorts of their competitors stuff in various states of disassembly. :giggle:

Heck, part of the annual budget is set aside for the sole purpose of buying other brands' products for evaluation.

Last edited:
In which way?
Asian companies been making some of the highest tech pieces of hardware on the planet for a long time now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
100% if we are talking electronics TV , Video
But things like amp modelling probably not so much I mean you have your mooer, Zoom
Etc but IMO someone like Hotone is moving it up to on
whole new level , not just a $75 pedal .

Ampero II Stomp

Firmware Release Note

Version 1.3.0

Released 12/28/2023

Notice

We recommend that you use the newest (V1.3.0) Ampero II Stomp software.

New Effects

Effects with an HQ suffix indicate that the corresponding effect is using our latest modeling technology.

1. 6 new amp/preamp models added to the AMP/PRE AMP module:

(1) Petrus Clean/Crunch/Lead HQ – Based on Mesa/Boogie® JP-2C™️* amp head

(2) Soloist 100 Clean/Crunch/Lead HQ – Based on Soldano® SLO100* amp head

2. A new drive model added to the DRV module:

Noble Drive – Based on Nobels® ODR-1* overdrive pedal

3. A new delay model added to the DLY module:

Digital Delay HQ – Based on the delay sound of a popular 11-mode delay/reverb pedal

4. Two new reverb models added to the RVB module:

(1) 140 Plate HQ – Based on EMT® 140* plate reverberator

(2) Silver Linings – A special reverb creating a huge, lush reverb tone

Ain't it the truth!!!
Walk into the R&D/Engineering department of any tech company and you'll find shelves over in the corner with all sorts of their competitors stuff in various states of disassembly. :giggle:

Heck, part of the annual budget is set aside for the sole purpose of buying other brands' products for evaluation.
That’s the problem if you don’t build in house it’s the catch 22. To make products affordable and competitive you need to out source but when that same factory is producing Hotone , Line6 or Headrush for example it’s naive to think that some reverse engineering is not happening

So, no?

So, yes?
5 years ago no I don't think Hotone was really all that known in most DM forums
Now and 2024 Yes, I think they are on more peoples radar , more demo's and more people generally impressed at the quality of build and tones they are capable of

Regarding the theft: if you guys were aware that they indeed stole stuff to use in their devices, how would that change your opinion on the brand and products? Would it put you off buying one of their products in the future or not?
Personally it just depends on on the degree of egregiousness. Every company steals ideas. NeuralDSP was quite obviously "inspired by" Line6 for the QC UI. In turn, pretty much every major VST amp suite release has directly copied Neural's design language.

It's clear that Hotone has done similar things, you can see aspects of other products throughout it's design. However, no, I'm not convinced they have simply outright stolen other modeling algorithms and placed them into their own products.

But nobody can say for sure either way.

Last edited:

Ampero II Stomp

Firmware Release Note

Version 1.3.0

Released 12/28/2023

Notice

We recommend that you use the newest (V1.3.0) Ampero II Stomp software.

New Effects

Effects with an HQ suffix indicate that the corresponding effect is using our latest modeling technology.

1. 6 new amp/preamp models added to the AMP/PRE AMP module:

(1) Petrus Clean/Crunch/Lead HQ – Based on Mesa/Boogie® JP-2C™️* amp head

(2) Soloist 100 Clean/Crunch/Lead HQ – Based on Soldano® SLO100* amp head

2. A new drive model added to the DRV module:

Noble Drive – Based on Nobels® ODR-1* overdrive pedal

3. A new delay model added to the DLY module:

Digital Delay HQ – Based on the delay sound of a popular 11-mode delay/reverb pedal

4. Two new reverb models added to the RVB module:

(1) 140 Plate HQ – Based on EMT® 140* plate reverberator

(2) Silver Linings – A special reverb creating a huge, lush reverb tone
Yeah, this is what we were mentioning before about no scene support with the firmware update. Not good for so much hype.

100% if we are talking electronics TV , Video
But things like amp modelling probably not so much I mean you have your mooer, Zoom
Etc but IMO someone like Hotone is moving it up to on
whole new level , not just a $75 pedal .
It sounds as though you are writing off BOSS there. BOSS was making multi-effects before anyone else, if I remember correctly. The first multi-effects unit I had was the BOSS ME-5 at release (which was during the late 80’s or early 90’s I think).

Leo confirms that 8ms latency of the Stage when using the cab block. Just the same as the Stomp. So it's getting clear that they are basically the same thing with different form factor, switches, and wireless.

Leo confirms that 8ms latency of the Stage when using the cab block. Just the same as the Stomp. So it's getting clear that they are basically the same thing with different form factor, switches, and wireless.
It’s strange that they haven’t released an updated firmware for the Stomp to bring the UI and features into parity with the Stage.

Maybe they will. Maybe we’re just spoiled with the way line6 rolls things out across the various hardware platforms.

Ya that’s bad , they need to fix that as it is still way lower than industry standards

Back