Holy Fawn

Flew to Phoenix to see Holy Fawn open for Deafheaven at Rebel Lounge (tiny club) earlier this year. Both were stellar.

Rebel Lounge used to be the old Mason Jar, where I saw Swervedriver back in '98 (and ended up with minor permanent hearing damage from that show).

Music is definitely out of that post-rock vibe with its delicate mixture of ambience and heaviness.

Vocals are a little too Billie Eilish-whispery for my tastes. I want/need some yelling boys!! :LOL:

Music is definitely out of that post-rock vibe with its delicate mixture of ambience and heaviness.

Vocals are a little too Billie Eilish-whispery for my tastes. I want/need some yelling boys!! :LOL:
I actually like it (both extremes) quite a bit. But the spaz in me needs a little more "get to the point" :bag

These dudes are awesome it if you’re into the blackgaze sorta stuff.

That's pretty cool. Reminded me of this collaboration a little bit, although Envy of None isn't uniformly dark. Really like Maiah Wynne's vocal persona though.

HF is great. Like them a lot. I put them in the same “box” as Sigur Ros (my first entry into the “post-whatever” genres back in the end of the 90’s). There’s so much to be discovered in all those sub and side genres….

Back