Why Do I Feel Like Yes Is The.....

You 'feel' that way because you have not heard of Rush :rawk Kidding,...sort of!
LOVE Yes!! However, Rush is the best prog band ever with no rival period

Always been a big fan of Yes. For me, if I was forced choose only one Yes album it would have to be the live Yessongs.
Not so keen on the 80s stuff, 90125, Big Generator etc. Good albums, but for me, nowhere near as good as the classic 70s albums.
I remember seeing Yes on the 90125 tour. I felt so sorry for Jon Anderson, seeing him looking lost onstage in some ridiculous "pierrot" jumpsuit. So glad I got to see them previously in the mid 70's.

However, Rush is the best prog band ever with no rival period

Even the Rush guys would disagree.
It's Yes for my money. Was a MAJOR prog nut for a long time and there's simply no topping Yes during their peak years. From The Yes Album through Relayer is simply the top of the prog mountain. (Disclaimer: Tales From Topographic is about 30% brilliant and 70% self indulgent mess)

The one two punch of Close to the Edge and Relayer are their best with the other 3 in the next tier.

I'm a fan.
20240311_102356.jpg

Last edited:
It's Yes for my money. Was a MAJOR prog nut for a long time and there's simply no topping Yes during their peak years. From The Yes Album through Relayer is simply the top of the prog mountain. (Disclaimer: Tales From Topographic is about 30% brilliant and 70% self indulgent mess)

The one two punch of Close to the Edge and Relayer are their best with the other 3 in the next tier.

I'm a fan.
View attachment 19858
Season 5 Fargo episode 1 Yes for the win! That scene is sooooo classic. Especially when the female cop says 'well you should have thought about that before you tazed the officer' add Minnesota ascent :crazy

I'm a fan.
View attachment 19858
Regarding Topographic Oceans, I agree with your comment. I only like Side 1, The Revealing Science Of God. Wakeman's solo is off the scale brilliant!!!
The remaining 3 sides I've probably listened to twice since the album came out.

Regarding Topographic Oceans, I agree with your comment. I only like Side 1.

Same here but I've grown to like Side 2 a bit too. It's mellower and has a nice vibe to it if you're in the right mood.

Funny story about Wakeman. He got so bored during parts of the recording that he'd hang out and party with Black Sabbath, who were recording Sabbath Bloody Sabbath at the same studio. He even ended up adding some bits to a track! :LOL:

1710266150172.png

Last edited:
Back