Here we go again

metropolis_4

Rock Star
Round 2

IMG_3895.jpeg

First impressions

Just digging into amps right now. Fender amps are still good. I like this Deluxe Reverb much better than the ones in some other devices I’ve used.

‘62 Princeton is awesome! So are the blonde DR and TR. the blonde DR cab - 1x12 open back with a creamback- makes a great all around cab.

The Mark and Vox amps are better than I remember… cab selection makes a big difference. I’m actually digging the Mark a lot. I love that they put all the switches on one single model.

The Marshall models are as bad as I remember. Worst JCM800 of any device out there today. Complete garbage. Squirrels everywhere.

Orange Rockerverb is awesome! Great addition to the device! This might be my go-to for my first gig with it.

I don’t really do modern high gain, but the Stealth seems great to me. It’s way better than it used to be.

Overall this thing has a really cool “crisp” feel to the attack that makes it feel fantastic to play through. It’s very open and natural

First impressions

Just digging into amps right now. Fender amps are still good. I like this Deluxe Reverb much better than the ones in some other devices I’ve used.

‘62 Princeton is awesome! So are the blonde DR and TR. the blonde DR cab - 1x12 open back with a creamback- makes a great all around cab.

The Mark and Vox amps are better than I remember… cab selection makes a big difference. I’m actually digging the Mark a lot. I love that they put all the switches on one single model.

The Marshall models are as bad as I remember. Worst JCM800 of any device out there today. Complete garbage. Squirrels everywhere.

Orange Rockerverb is awesome! Great addition to the device! This might be my go-to for my first gig with it.

I don’t really do modern high gain, but the Stealth seems great to me. It’s way better than it used to be.

Overall this thing has a really cool “crisp” feel to the attack that makes it feel fantastic to play through. It’s very open and natural
see that would be a challenge for me in 2024 you have to get the Marshalls right IMO, the Plexi, 800 , Silver jubilee and the BE/HBE cannot suck
that's a huge food group , I feel you have to nail a Fender ,Vox, Marshall and Mesa or one higainer.

Line6 drove me crazy because finally with the Placater it got better and the 2204 actually got it right

see that would be a challenge for me in 2024 you have to get the Marshalls right IMO, the Plexi, 800 , Silver jubilee and the BE/HBE cannot suck
that's a huge food group , I feel you have to nail a Fender ,Vox, Marshall and Mesa or one higainer.

Line6 drove me crazy because finally with the Placater it got better and the 2204 actually got it right

Attachments

• IMG_5372.png
    IMG_5372.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
I planned to get an FM3, but I’ve been playing Fractals and Plexis for so long now, I just thought it would be fun to change things up a bit.

Sometimes I just feel like I need a change and a fresh perspective.

I’ve shifted my perspective on gear a bit lately. I’ve been really simplifying my signal chains and I don’t feel like I have to find the ultimate rig that will last the rest of my life. I just need something fun for right now.

Here’s where my head is at right now. When I was gigging with my Bad Cat it didn’t have Marshall tones, or Fender tones, or Mesa, or high gain. But it sounded glorious and I loved playing it.

I don’t feel like I need every food group covered. I just need something that sounds good.

And as much as I love Marshals, I have been using them so much for so long I think it’s time to shake things up a bit and go a new direction for a while.

Last edited:
First impressions

How's the Friedman and Soldano? Are they helping to scratch some of the Marshall itch?

Noice! The TBP has some great sounds in it to my ears. And those encoders are :love. If you can get past your hatred of the M stuff in the box; you just might stick with it. Maybe?

I’m kind of OK without the Marshalls.

I’ve been using Marshalls so heavily for so long in a way it’s fun to not have that option so it forces me to find different approaches

How's the Friedman and Soldano? Are they helping to scratch some of the Marshall itch?

The Friedman is good, but I just don’t like the Friedman sound. The Soldano surprised me, it’s really great for the high gain hot rodded Marshall stuff.

Back