BOSS Katana GO

Interestingly, the Katana Go does NOT seem to work wirelessly connected to a computer.

From the FAQ: Bluetooth audio/MIDI communication between the KATANA:GO and a computer is not supported.
tom hardy bane GIF

Interestingly, the Katana Go does NOT seem to work wirelessly connected to a computer.

From the FAQ: Bluetooth audio/MIDI communication between the KATANA:GO and a computer is not supported.

That is so odd.

Aren't the wireless midi Boss pedals using Bluetooth midi?
  • Can you connect a Widi Master from another midi controller to the Katana Go?

Can't you connect a phone using Bluetooth as aux in (whether or not you have the app installed)?

Can you run a MIDI app on your phone and control the Katana Go?

That is so odd.

Aren't the wireless midi Boss pedals using Bluetooth midi?
  • Can you connect a Widi Master from another midi controller to the Katana Go?

Can't you connect a phone using Bluetooth as aux in (whether or not you have the app installed)?

Can you run a MIDI app on your phone and control the Katana Go?
I expect that it's an issue with Windows and Bluetooth Low Energy support, or lack of a compatible computer app or driver.

Can you connect the Katana Pro to your TV and jam while watching a show or movie?

Sadly this is an Important feature (and one that the Mustang Micro does perfectly).

Been looking for a nice headphone practice solution. Saw @2112’s demo and purchased immediately.

Compared to plugging into my HX Stomp and having cables and power cords strewn all over the couch, this is a much more elegant solution and the YouTube/music integration is a welcome feature. I’ve been spending hours just sitting on the couch, playing bass along to my favorite tunes.

And did I mention that it’s only $119? That’s about the price of a dirt pedal! Crazy value.

C4402506-D9EC-47AC-8EE4-0875CFBC521B.jpeg

Soooo..... Can anyone say why one should get the waza airs instead of this or vice versa? Without saying "the cost" or "the accelerometer is a gimmick/awesome".
I’m my experience, the accelerometer adds to the experience with the subtle movements of your head. That said, I don’t use the Stage Feel feature as I like to dial in my own reverb for “space.”

Personally, I prefer the Katana GO over the Waza Airs specifically because I can use my own headphones.

- You can choose your own headphones.
- You can use it without headphones.

For me, these are more than enough reasons already.

You can record via it's USB interface.

+ the Katana Go is less than 1/3 the price of the Waza Air...

Isn't that possible with the Airs as well? I always thought so... in case it's not that's a major thing in favour of the KG, at least for me.

Not that I know of, no.

No. No output capabilities other than the built in headphone speakers.

Oh wow, that's pretty bad then.
I mean, it's not that they'd be too shabby in case you need a nice and tidy HP practising solution - but come on, especially devices like this should allow you to record something. This is the stuff you grab in your hotel room and once inspiration hits, you just want to quickly record things, even if that meant you'd have a cable hanging from your head (which you would anyway, in case you were using traditional headphones).

Back