Here we go again

OMG why is everyone so concerned with how I use my footswitches!? :oops:

I prefer having the switches closer to my left foot. That works better for me. :idk

What’s the big deal about that? Why do you guys care so much about that?

You're not playing slide guitar with a longneck beer bottle in dive bars while drunk cougars throw their undergarments at you, so I think some may have forgotten that you have a different set of requirements for your gear...

This thread demands a soundtrack. Oh man, and are the lyrics prescient or what? :rofl

1722992898648.png

These Fender amp models feel soooo good. Doing the “pedals into a clean amp” thing just seems to work so well here.

Nice that they’ve expanded the footswitch functionality somewhat

And the convolution spring reverbs are still :chef

I have to say… I think I like the Deluxe Reverb here even better than the Fractal one

:sofa

These Fender amp models feel soooo good. Doing the “pedals into a clean amp” thing just seems to work so well here.

I have to say… I think I like the Deluxe Reverb here even better than the Fractal one

Their Fender models are outstanding. I was all set to get one after seeing a demo video of the Fender models and spring reverb, but the Marshall thing just stopped me dead in my tracks.

Noice! The TBP has some great sounds in it to my ears. And those encoders are :love. If you can get past your hatred of the M stuff in the box; you just might stick with it. Maybe?
Wasn’t marshal preamp stages originally based on fenders?

Wasn’t marshal preamp stages originally based on fenders?

The original JTM-45 came about after Pete Townshend brought his Bassman into Marshall's music store and asked them if they could build a copy of it for him (Fender amps were extremely hard to get in England at the time). There were some tweaks to the circuit and components substituted due to availability, but that's basically how the Marshall amp (and company) got its start.

Well, the reason I sold the FM9 was because when I’m doing shows my right foot is glued to the volume pedal and my guitar is sitting on my right leg, so I need to use my left foot to hit most of my footswitches.

This made the FM9 annoying because all the footswitches are on the right side.

So I was going to swap for an FM3 + FC6 so I could flip that around and have all the footswitches on the left. But then I decided it would be fun to do something totally different for a while.

And technically the TMP also solves that problem :D
Haha, that a whole 'nother problem! I was referring to your thread about your Alto not cutting it with live instruments.
hip hop rap GIF

Yep. Congrats. I'll join you again when scenes come along. The Marshalls seem okay if you use an OH GNR IR and the Greenback SIC. Other than that I was just using my volume pot on the 5150 to dial back the grease. Not the same but like you said, find a sound you like and go.

I was going to bug you about your footswitches....mc8....but I'll leave that alone....mc8......mc8

Haha, that a whole 'nother problem! I was referring to your thread about your Alto not cutting it with live instruments.
hip hop rap GIF

Yeah, I still have to solve that one, but an opportunity came up to solve this other problem so I took it.

Yep. Congrats. I'll join you again when scenes come along. The Marshalls seem okay if you use an OH GNR IR and the Greenback SIC. Other than that I was just using my volume pot on the 5150 to dial back the grease. Not the same but like you said, find a sound you like and go.

I was going to bug you about your footswitches....mc8....but I'll leave that alone....mc8......mc8

Part of the problem with the Marshall’s does seem to be the cab. Same with the Mark model.

Scenes are desperately needed! I did get Max to say it is at least on their radar. Fingers crossed

All that talk about getting away from Marshalls and Marks and trying something new. I had my first rehearsal with the TMP last night and what did I end up using?

Yep, Marshalls and Marks :bag

Man; I thought the Mark was GODAWFUL in the TMP. Very underwhelmed. Especially when comparing to you know what. I got along with the Marshall stuff fine though.

Man; I thought the Mark was GODAWFUL in the TMP. Very underwhelmed. Especially when comparing to you know what. I got along with the Marshall stuff fine though.

Yeah I’m kind of scratching my head because I also remember it being terrible the first time around.

I don’t know if they fixed the model, or if it was just the cab? Using the blonde Deluxe cab with the sm7b it’s really not bad

Yeah I’m kind of scratching my head because I also remember it being terrible the first time around.

I don’t know if they fixed the model, or if it was just the cab? Using the blonde Deluxe cab with the sm7b it’s really not bad
Yeah I wonder how much the SIC fix adds to the proceedings. Good that you are gelling with it the second time around!

OMG why is everyone so concerned with how I use my footswitches!? :oops:

I prefer having the switches closer to my left foot. That works better for me. :idk

What’s the big deal about that? Why do you guys care so much about that?
Bumping this…

For the fuck sakes if I can’t get my head around this.

So if your right foot is on the volume pedal…
Your guitar is on your right leg. So you are sitting down and playing.
And you need to hit switches with your left foot. That foot and leg is free to move (considering your head is busy doing other shit than looking at the switches).

Explain to me. How can the switches on the right be harder to hit??? Your volume is to the right of the modeler.
In my brain, the Fm9 is so wide that the switches under the display, the leftmost switches would be the ones further away from your foot.
The right switches must be closer to you than the leftmost switches….

Gawd damn help me understand! Because!!!

Bumping this…

For the fuck sakes if I can’t get my head around this.

So if your right foot is on the volume pedal…
Your guitar is on your right leg. So you are sitting down and playing.
And you need to hit switches with your left foot. That foot and leg is free to move (considering your head is busy doing other shit than looking at the switches).

Explain to me. How can the switches on the right be harder to hit??? Your volume is to the right of the modeler.
In my brain, the Fm9 is so wide that the switches under the display, the leftmost switches would be the ones further away from your foot.
The right switches must be closer to you than the leftmost switches….

Gawd damn help me understand! Because!!!

Ok, here’s a pic to illustrate.

The pink arrow is how far my foot has to move to hit the left switches, the pink lines are the position of my legs to do that.

The orange arrow and lines are to hit the right switches.

Blank board.jpeg

Back