Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Same. I have no doubt Christoph will wow us, but I want to see a demonstration and actually hear it.
He said they have 40 amp channels of those models. Let's throw a number and say it's from 30 amps.
I think there are a lot more than 30 amps out there (or 40).

He said they have 40 amp channels of those models. Let's throw a number and say it's from 30 amps.
I think there are a lot more than 30 amps out there (or 40).
I’m guessing more will be added considering iterative software updates seems to be the new norm in this industry.

I guess I'm curious in that as @Orvillain was saying, if a profile is inaccurate or has the Kemper sound profile on it, will having a tone stack really do much if the base tone is not accurate to the tone stack it is trying to emulate?

Again, super neat I'm just excited to hear it lol

The D&M Karens at that other place are already complaining. “Old hardware,” “big hardware…” FFS, they literally just added a shitload of value to an otherwise obsolete product. More than I can say about my AX8, that’s for damned sure.

I guess I need to find out how to get my profiles on the marketplace. It'll be great for everyone to try them out.

This is pretty nice news for Kemper owners. Honestly, I have a love/hate relationship with the product in the rack mount version as I had a couple of bad units. However, I would consider getting a Stage. I have a friend who is going to lend me his to try out. It is something that I may get eventually.

Last edited:
7kbrmg.gif

I’m still confused what this actually is. So the underlying model is filling in the gaps of the profile when the tone stack is tweaked past the point where profiles stop sounding good? (Or natural)

If you have a profile that you want to tweak that much, why not shoot another profile? Or if you want a model to save your profile, why not just use a model to begin with and skip the whole profile business?

I think I both get the appeal and don’t in equal measure. :ROFLMAO: But then again I’m still not entirely sure what this actually is. lol

Last edited:
I’m still confused what this actually is. So the underlying model is filling in the gaps of the profile when the tone stack is tweaked past the point where profiles start to sound bad? (Or unnatural)

If you have a profile that you want to tweak that much, why not shoot another profile? Or if you want a model to save your profile, why not just use a model to begin with and skip the whole profile business?

I think I both get the appeal and don’t in equal measure. :ROFLMAO: But then again I’m still not entirely sure what this actually is. lol
We only need to understand enough to make memes
Confused Thinking GIF

Really cool update. Happy for all the Kemper users. If I still had one, I’d be loving the new features.

But alas - I’m doing just fine with my FM9. 😊

Kind of where I am too. Sounds hella cool and may have kept me on Kemper the last time I had one. But now.....I'm pretty good. Been doing tons of recording and gigging with my FM9. Just don't see what there is to switch for on the market right now.

Not clear what the actual implementation scope is, but you can do *similarly* with plugins like tonestacks!

However, this one is still just a post EQ. I dunno if liquid profiling is doing this or something more accurate based on that video alone. If it's involving mixing profiles together, I'd assume it's more like the morph thing and possibly better. But it also sounds like you can "add" this to an existing profile, in which case it would have to be some form of pre/post EQ

I still have my kemper but this will have to be pretty next level to become my live rig again

1683086069801.png

Last edited:
it would have to be some form of pre/post EQ
This is exactly what it is.

Gain + Bright Cap pre Profile.
Tonestack usually post Profile.
Presence + Resonance post profile

The only innovative thing about this is that the response of the filters is emulated from specific amps.
And of course it will never behave like on the real amp when it's cranked, there's modeling for that. :LOL:

EDIT:
I don't know if he mentions a new patent or just his current patent that is active until 2040?
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20210058049A1/

Kempers patent doesn't apply to capture 'Loaders' so other companies are still quite free to do a lot of things, see ToneX.

Last edited:
Back