Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Sold my kemper last year for an fm3 because I started to hated it. Strange attack reaction, weird mid compression etc.

But I can admit this guy is a kind of genius.

Can’t wait to hear that update.

But let’s be honest android support and usb audio are really not big news. They’re just late. My old X3 live was usb audio. And the « kemper market » is tue kemper iTunes Store.

I have an FM9 I almost sold but a Fractal firmware update and beta details caused me to delay it a couple times over the last month and now my Kemper Stage was literally going on Reverb tomorrow and now that is delayed.

Assuming the new tone stack models improve the 'feel' of the profiles when adjusting those parameters I'm impressed with this update. Considering Kemper's reputation for delivering substance not fairy dust, I'm betting they will.
Most of his competitors would have announced this as the 'Kemper II'. Simply with a slight graphics tweak/logo change and this new firmware and it would be well received I think. Instead it's free!

I think I'll be putting the FM9 back on the chopping block after I get to play with the 'new' Kemper.

I’ve never even played through a Kemper but it’s really, really f*cking cool they’re doing this without a hardware revision, simultaneously quelling any questions about a Kemper II while giving everyone some new goodies. Tight work, Kemper!

Hmmmm. The tone stack part of the equation was never the problem. The problem is the accuracy of profiling when put up against the real amp you're capturing. If you're just buying profile packs, you'd never know otherwise, but I've done around 300-400 profiles and always had a bit of an issue with the accuracy.

Now I will say - their forum moderators aside - I respect the company a lot. Christophe is a genius and they make GREAT stuff, and their tech support people have always been excellent.

But on the face of it, this doesn't address the issues I had with the Kemper.

Not saying I'm going to run out and buy a third Kemper, but I think with this feature, if you add in the powered Kemper Kab, that would be a really fun rig.
7kary8.jpg

Android support, USB Audio, tweaking a profile responds like the amp and a marketplace you can try profiles before shelling out moolah?! Hell yeah I'm happy I've kept my Kemper :banana

this is pretty cool. i would be excited if i owned one.

i never understood what all they did with the helix when that one update made everything sound way better but i certainly could hear it so i dont really need to know all the ins and outs tech wise to appreciate when smart people improve something. it could be really cool if i think what they are talking about happens. before you didnt really want to mess with a profile that much, it was better for me to just find a better one. but now if you can actually make the adjustments that would be really helpful.

Back