Help me pick a wedge--quick!

What a bummer!!!! I remember when I was young.. .ha. . Lots of things I wish I could do over, but living in an apartment/condo is not one of those things! Get that thing hooked up and blast thru it!
Yeah, I wish I could. I just had my 39th birthday a few days ago, and quite frankly, where I live, it's starting to look like (even though I'm firmly in the middle class) that owning a house is just not in the cards unless I get out of the City.

So I did get to use the QSC extensively since I made this post. I am happy to report that it actually sounds really good. I used it at a gig on Friday, and it passed with flying colors (though the sound guy failed miserably) Honestly, it's so much better than the headrush I was using, I feel kind of silly for having bought it to begin with.

Yeah, I wish I could. I just had my 39th birthday a few days ago, and quite frankly, where I live, it's starting to look like (even though I'm firmly in the middle class) that owning a house is just not in the cards unless I get out of the City.

When I read about people riding bikes to gigs, or taking public transportation to gigs, or a middle-class guy not being able to crank up amps, it really puts a lot in perspective for me. I live in a small town in VT, don't have much land or anything, but I have a basement where I built a studio many years back. It's a very basic house... Now real estate in Vt is extremely expensive, but other areas and in cities there'd be no chance at all to own a house with a basement,etc, even though those people have much better careers than I did. There's NO scenario in VT where someone takes a bus to a gig or rides a bike, but in NYC yea it's a different world . . I also read about guys worried to leave their gear out in 30 degree weather, or playing a gig where it's 50 degrees outside, and I shake my head as it's just normal for here. Meanwhile, I forget that the internet forums make people make a lot of assumptions that just aren't reality! OK , back to the normal thread now, and glad you enjoyed your speaker!

When I read about people riding bikes to gigs, or taking public transportation to gigs, or a middle-class guy not being able to crank up amps, it really puts a lot in perspective for me. I live in a small town in VT, don't have much land or anything, but I have a basement where I built a studio many years back. It's a very basic house... Now real estate in Vt is extremely expensive, but other areas and in cities there'd be no chance at all to own a house with a basement,etc, even though those people have much better careers than I did. There's NO scenario in VT where someone takes a bus to a gig or rides a bike, but in NYC yea it's a different world . . I also read about guys worried to leave their gear out in 30 degree weather, or playing a gig where it's 50 degrees outside, and I shake my head as it's just normal for here. Meanwhile, I forget that the internet forums make people make a lot of assumptions that just aren't reality! OK , back to the normal thread now, and glad you enjoyed your speaker!

I get it! I intentionally chose to live in a rural/sparsely populated area a long time ago,
just so I could own my own home/property someday.

Real estate speculators and investment brokerages, together with the Verbo/Air BnB movement,
have really cockblocked a lot of Millennials and Gen Z'ers from ever moving out of their parent's
homes. It's a travesty for 2 generations that shows the trajectory of our warped collective priorities.

So I did get to use the QSC extensively since I made this post. I am happy to report that it actually sounds really good. I used it at a gig on Friday, and it passed with flying colors (though the sound guy failed miserably) Honestly, it's so much better than the headrush I was using, I feel kind of silly for having bought it to begin with.
Good deal. I haven’t bought my own, but I have used many different house wedges over time, and the K12.2’s I’ve come across have been pretty damn good, if you ask me.

Hi.

What would you guys recommend for rehearsals/gigs for under 500€?
I’ve been looking at Tonemaster 10, used Yamaha DBR10. Is there a obvious one I’m missing?

Hi.

What would you guys recommend for rehearsals/gigs for under 500€?
I’ve been looking at Tonemaster 10, used Yamaha DBR10. Is there a obvious one I’m missing?

The DBR should be a pretty decent choice. You might want to check the newest Altos to save some bucks - but then, even if I'm pretty happy with mine soundwise, the DBR (which I directly compared the Alto to before making a decision) very likely is built more solid.

How solid do they need to be? Aside from ( I think it was you) pointing out that you need a lot more weight to keep the bass from flubbing out at high volumes, how much stronger would you want them? I have a 2017 or whatever year they first came out TS210, that I drilled a hole into so that I could have a power strip glued to the outside and tapping the Alto's power input. It has been in heavy use by all the kids at a music school since then wherever they drive to and its still fine. Its certainly held up better than any wood cabinet I've ever seen.

With all that, there's the little voice in the back of my mind that says its just not heavy enough when i compare it to the Turbosound 12 or QSC 10, but it sounds great to me at any volume I've ever needed it

I get it! I intentionally chose to live in a rural/sparsely populated area a long time ago,
just so I could own my own home/property someday.

Real estate speculators and investment brokerages, together with the Verbo/Air BnB movement,
have really cockblocked a lot of Millennials and Gen Z'ers from ever moving out of their parent's
homes. It's a travesty for 2 generations that shows the trajectory of our warped collective priorities.
Yeah, it's an unfortunate reality for my generation. I actually DO own my own Condo, though, I kind of lucked out, and our old landlords basically gifted it to us for half of what it was worth.

Back