Help me pick a wedge--quick!

gdhi11

Groupie
Just sold my Headrush "FRFR" 108--which was just a crappy stage wedge I was using so I could hear myself and other instruments on stage honestly.

I have enough coin to get a CP8 or CP12, and a couple of local guys swear by QSC, so I'm looking at those specifically (if there's a better option I'm all ears). I'm a Fractal user, but I don't think that matters so much when picking a monitor. I will be running guitar and the rest of the stage mix into my monitor so I'm kind of trying to avoid something like the Fender Tonemaster cabinet (noise complaints scare me), or a powercab (didn't like that at all). The Laney is appealing, but I think the Laney would be less advantageous as it's not pointed towards my head.

FOH will handle amplifying my sound, so this/these will be strictly used so I can hear on stage.

bart simpson wedgie GIF

Seriously left myself open for this.

Hahahahha yeah ya did, I didn’t even read the OP, I was on my way to post something smartass when I saw Tube had it handled. :rofl

I’ve got no experience with those wedges, but in general I’d always go for a bigger speaker if it’s going to involve putting other instruments through it.

Hahahahha yeah ya did, I didn’t even read the OP, I was on my way to post something smartass when I saw Tube had it handled. :rofl

I’ve got no experience with those wedges, but in general I’d always go for a bigger speaker if it’s going to involve putting other instruments through it.

I was also thinking “which part of the wedgie are you struggling to pick out?”

Or, “you want help picking out your wedgie? Eww.“

But got lazy and went for the gif… :rofl

But seriously, @gdhi11, I've read very good things about both those QSC options. No experience with them, though.

Another one that is all the rage at the Fractal forum is the EV PXM-12XP.

Been thinking about taking up golf--but all my money goes towards guitars so that's probably not good.
The clubs themselves can be cheap. The green fees have gone insane. It does make for a way to get away from the wife and kids though for some breathing room.

Yamaha dhr dzr
Both Plywood

Budget?? :idkW

I have about $1000k ceiling. I kind of wish I could get a stereo pair, and portability is essential in my situation--no road crew, and I'm playing in crappy/tiny bars most of the time. When I'm on bigger stages, usually it's a decent house PA. I absolutely have a drop dead date of like tomorrow for ordering as I'll need it on the 22nd and need to have time to tweak it before I go out with it.

I have about $1000k ceiling. I kind of wish I could get a stereo pair, and portability is essential in my situation--no road crew, and I'm playing in crappy/tiny bars most of the time. When I'm on bigger stages, usually it's a decent house PA. I absolutely have a drop dead date of like tomorrow for ordering as I'll need it on the 22nd and need to have time to tweak it before I go out with it.
Rent something for now?

Renting isn't really worthwhile, I'd rather just struggle to hear myself through the mains then throw away $150 which is what it costs around here
Fair enough. Just sounds like a lot of pressure you're putting on yourself. I'd buy used but that's a wait and see market.
Buy anything and then return it would be my next choice.

Fair enough. Just sounds like a lot of pressure you're putting on yourself. I'd buy used but that's a wait and see market.
Buy anything and then return it would be my next choice.
may be doing that anyway. A certain local buddy who may or may not be on this forum ;) keeps telling me he's getting the Laney so I'll get to check that out and decide. I'll pay a restocking fee if It makes sense.

Back