Helix Talk

Let's just agree that we're playing different jobs, shall we? Otherwise, this will become a full stop TOP episode.
I guess you’ll just have to get some kneepads or something. But you also find the general navigation system a pain point because your preferred parameters aren’t always on the first page, so it seems just about anything that isn’t practically thought-controlled is an impediment.

I guess you’ll just have to get some kneepads or something. But you also find the general navigation system a pain point because your preferred parameters aren’t always on the first page, so it seems just about anything that isn’t practically thought-controlled is an impediment.

Well, you can of course choose to make fun of whatever kinda stuff. I for one prefer to suggest improvements. Improvements that would very well be possible to be realized.

Well, you can of course choose to make fun of whatever kinda stuff. I for one prefer to suggest improvements. Improvements that would very well be possible to be realized.
That’s awesome, and a lot of your suggestions are useful, but you present them as though you’re getting callouses from how complicated editing is that it’s kind of comical.

So, I've been a dedicated user of the 2203 since it was released, believing that it was just a step above everything else, and it does sound phenomenal. But last night I re-visited the Divided Duo (/13) again, and that amp is incredible, so full, so touch responsive, so much gain if you want it, it cleans up so nicely, and its a v1.0 amp. I think it's replaced the 2203 in my kitchen sink patch, and it also has the added benefit of being quite light on DSP. Don't sleep on the earlier amps!

So, I've been a dedicated user of the 2203 since it was released, believing that it was just a step above everything else, and it does sound phenomenal. But last night I re-visited the Divided Duo (/13) again, and that amp is incredible, so full, so touch responsive, so much gain if you want it, it cleans up so nicely, and its a v1.0 amp. I think it's replaced the 2203 in my kitchen sink patch, and it also has the added benefit of being quite light on DSP. Don't sleep on the earlier amps!

That amp model has been my first love back 2018. Is really good for what it does.

week computer GIF

20240330_193546.jpg

I’ve had the same experience on the cleaner side of things. Been using the GSG, but revisited the Archetype because of the Catalyst update. Another super underrated amp.

Never really boosted my roadster much, I have an SD-1 but don’t really care much for how that sounds with it

Sat down and auditioned all the dirts on the HX one with it. My overall favorite is the Timmy model actually, my strat sounded brutal af with that combo lol. I really liked the ocd model too, which is funny, because I’ve tried several times to like the real ocd but I’ve never moved

Added bonus with the Timmy model is that same settings on the clean channel sound incredible

I love an SD1 boosting a Marshall/Marshall-y Mesa (Helix or real), but it’s a very specific sound and not always what I want.

I usually have two boosts, one being the SD1 and the other a more full-range and/or fuzzy one, which I get from the Helix Timmy or Pillars (EQD Plumes), or my real Keeley Fuzz Head.

I've found the SD1 can really over brighten some tones. How do you feel about it?

I love the SD1 but could def see how it won't work with some amps. The TS variants are much more mellow to me

I find it really amp dependent, I liked it best with my old Mesa express. I should probably try it with the mark

Also, posting in the Helix thread about the HX One is just one step closer to getting the full Helix Floor, @spawnofthesith (ask me how I know :grin).

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

star wars no GIF

Maybe slightly tangential to Helix but hopefully on-topic enough:

Stomp, Stomp XL, and Pod Go prices went back up at most retailers recently. Interested in what’s driving some of the fluctuations.

Maybe slightly tangential to Helix but hopefully on-topic enough:

Stomp, Stomp XL, and Pod Go prices went back up at most retailers recently. Interested in what’s driving some of the fluctuations.
The biggest driver for sales is when a manufacturer is inventory rich. From what I’ve heard, there’s still reverberations from Covid where it’s been hard for folks to predict when orders will come out of the factories.

Back