Helix Firmware 3.60

I'm having trouble getting the new factory presets mentioned in the release notes. I updated once using HX edit and they did not appear. Then I tried it again using the L6 updater and same result. Anyone know of an alternate way to get the new setlists, or ran into this problem and figured out the solution? I verified my HXEdit is 3.60, and I can see the new models, just the presets mentioned in the release notes don't seem to be updating.

I'm having trouble getting the new factory presets mentioned in the release notes. I updated once using HX edit and they did not appear. Then I tried it again using the L6 updater and same result. Anyone know of an alternate way to get the new setlists, or ran into this problem and figured out the solution? I verified my HXEdit is 3.60, and I can see the new models, just the presets mentioned in the release notes don't seem to be updating.
They don't automatically appear. You need to perform a Factory Reset to see the new presets. Instructions here.

Reactions: Elf
Did the update get pulled? Neither line6 updater or HX edit can see 3.60 currently. The actual firmware file is still downloadable, but I’m hesitant to use it if the automated update tools can’t see it. This is on an LT running 3.50 and OS X.

Did the update get pulled? Neither line6 updater or HX edit can see 3.60 currently. The actual firmware file is still downloadable, but I’m hesitant to use it if the automated update tools can’t see it. This is on an LT running 3.50 and OS X.

Possibly the server getting hammered.

Very early impressions:

I think the Elmsey is pretty cool. Just dropped it in a copy of my Ventoux preset and put a deranged master in front of it. Thought it had a nice crispness to it. Just did a little token knob sliding so probably haven't maxed out its potential.

It's pretty uncommon that I get all gushy over the same new models as the bulk of Helix folks, but the GSG, again with just some random slider turning seems to be brimming with magic sauce. Was able to get a lot of character out of it. The number of controls is a little daunting, but it's going to give the Ventoux a run for the money for the "preset I play 90% of the time until the next update" once I get it dialed in and surrounded with my usual 80s prog soundscape stuff. Just goofing I was able to get a nice round tightness in the low strings simultaneous with a nice meaty chiminess in the top strings. Dunno how close the source amp is to Jackson Browne's amp, but it seems like with some effort one could come fairly close to the Pride and Joy sort of timbre across the spectrum which has always been one of my favorites--even without guy wire sized strings.

Haven't messed with the rotary effect but in time will probably try to put together a patch for Tightrope.

Guess this update has me thinking about SRV

Don't play bass, and am not really a fuzz guy. So no reaction those (yet).

I've spent a lot of time over the last 3-4 weeks shuttling my 83 year-old dad to a flurry of medical appointments with more to come; so it'll be a while before I can really dive into this one. But I've sampled enough to say with confidence the L6 guys have added a quality expansion to my LT. Tip of the cap to all involved.

Last edited:
I really disliked the Elmsley at first but after playing with it for a while it's growing on me. I tried it with a couple cabs. The Matchless g25 with stock settings sounds great, as does the Moon 4x12 of all things. It's really articulate even with a lot of hair.

I had a problem the first time I tried updating this afternoon through HX Edit (also Helix LT), but waited ten minutes and tried again. Might have hit a time the servers were a little busier than normal but everything went fine the second time.

I really disliked the Elmsley at first but after playing with it for a while it's growing on me. I tried it with a couple cabs. The Matchless g25 with stock settings sounds great, as does the Moon 4x12 of all things. It's really articulate even with a lot of hair.
Yeah, seemed like a good number of folks across the various forums didn't take to it right away, which sort of surprised me because I've been a big fan of the Line 6 originals, so I decided to try it first. I didn't get to update my LT until this afternoon and I liked it right off. Not even sure which cab I was using, just whatever was in my Ventoux main patch, maybe the Blue Bell in a dual with different mics.

I also just watched John Cordy's video on the non-Grammitico part of the update. I really liked how he had it dialed in. Quite a bit different than what I had. Of course, he's a little like Pete Thorn in that he makes everything sound good. He was using one of the new 1X12 open backs with it, and I'll likely give that a try next time I have a chance to play around with it.

Some Facebook gold on the 3.60 update!
Don't go to ORIGINAL OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP, Don't go to ORIGINAL OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP, Don't go to ORIGINAL OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP...

Just a peak, maybe it's better since the last time...
First post:
"Just installed Firmware 3.6 and I'm delighted, however I've gone to try factory new presets and they don't show up."

Goddamnit.

Tried the new amps yesterday and the grammatico is really awesome. No doubt. Maybe not my type of amp though. We'll see what can I achive with some pedals in front.

The Elmsley is a bit of a question mark so far.

Back