Helix Firmware 3.60

Still having quite some fun with the, err..., Gramumble.

That sounds great though I'm picturing myself sitting in the cinema watching the credits to a lethal weapon movie after the first song has finished.

Screenshot_2023-04-26-17-26-32-04_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

At 6:44 I think JNC confuses between the G12M-65 Creamback and the G12-65, two completely different speakers, both are 65W.
John Mayer and Robben Ford prefer the original G12-65 from the 80s, not the new Creamback.
Not sure if Line 6 were going for the G12-65 to pair with the Dumble, but instead modeled the G12M-65?

G12-65-front-2-768x767.png
G12M-Creamback-front-768x767.png

Last edited:
anyone anything on the DSP of the Grammabumbledumble, all those functions and stuff must take its part

At 6:44 I think JNC confuses between the G12M-65 Creamback and the G12-65, two completely different speakers, both are 65W.
John Mayer and Robben Ford prefer the original G12-65 from the 80s, not the new Creamback.
Not sure if Line 6 were going for the G12-65 to pair with the Dumble, but instead modeled the G12M-65?

G12-65-front-2-768x767.png
G12M-Creamback-front-768x767.png

That’s a good point. I saw that new cab and was excited to try it for Marshall stuff, didn’t occur to me that it may have been a typo and intended for the dumble thing with a different speaker. I wonder if it is a typo in the release notes and it’s going to make dumble fans happy?

I wonder if it is a typo in the release notes
Well the release notes say G12M-65 and the model called Open Cream, so that's probably not the G12-65 which is often paired with Dumbles.

Edit:
By the sound and frequency response it is a Creamback M65, which I also have in my collection and my own IRs of it.

Edit 2:
If you want another great sounding EVM12L in a 1x12 besides the "Open Cast", we have the "Cali EXT" from 3.50.

Last edited:
Well the release notes say G12M-65 and the model called Open Cream, so that's probably not the G12-65 which is often paired with Dumbles.

Edit:
By the sound and frequency response it is a Creamback M65, which I also have in my collection and my own IRs of it.

Edit 2:
If you want another great sounding EVM12L in a 1x12 besides the "Open Cast", we have the "Cali EXT" from 3.50.

Yeah, probably not a typo given the name. I downloaded the update last night but never had a chance to play it. I expected it would be fairly apparent if it was an M65. I don’t have any experience with the g12-65, so I couldn’t pick that one out by ear but I expected I could tell whether or not it was an m65.

I’ve been using the cali ext cab and like it a lot, but it isn’t everything I was looking for. I expected that was mostly due to the small closed back cab it was in. Hoping this one is exactly what I was searching for.

D

Yeah, probably not a typo given the name. I downloaded the update last night but never had a chance to play it. I expected it would be fairly apparent if it was an M65. I don’t have any experience with the g12-65, so I couldn’t pick that one out by ear but I expected I could tell whether or not it was an m65.

I’ve been using the cali ext cab and like it a lot, but it isn’t everything I was looking for. I expected that was mostly due to the small closed back cab it was in. Hoping this one is exactly what I was searching for.

D
I'm sure it's a M65 Creamback - mellow but present top end, a little throaty and not as up front as a V30.

Back