Helix 3.7: The Freeman Update

Feature requests (again):
- Tuner frequency lock. Or placed on third page. Yes, third. All by it self. Or better yet, make it 6th page. Three empty pages with no parameters to set so you really have to work to get there. Goddammit.
- Option to switch tap temp to permanent "one click turn on tuner", for those of us that don't care about tap tempo.

- Option to switch tap temp to permanent "one click turn on tuner", for those of us that don't care about tap tempo.
This.
I sooo don't care about tap tempo.

- Tuner frequency lock. Or placed on third page. Yes, third. All by it self. Or better yet, make it 6th page. Three empty pages with no parameters to set so you really have to work to get there. Goddammit.
Lol, yes, a Lock mode would be super useful for people who perform.
The under screen encoders, output volume, preset encoder, all turn easily if you look at them funny, especially during a live performance.
Also very useful if the HX/Helix sits under the table and you only use HX Edit and want to be less careful with your feet.
This should have been a launch feature if you ask me.
---

I will take a more powerful parametric equalizer, slope dB/Oct contorl on the LPF/HPF, higher maximum boost than +12db on the EQ/Gain blocks, separate poweramps, IIC+ and a JCM800, my usual requests.
I've also seen a lot cool pedal requests everywhere.

Feature requests (again):

Oh yes please. I was going nuts a few weeks ago at a rehearsal because someone was just ever so slightly out of tune and I couldn't work out who it was. After spending ages rechecking our tuning I realised it was me.

I'd managed to hit the tuner frequency at some point and had then saved the patch so had been tuning flat all night.

A more powerful Parametric EQ with at least 6 bands.
±24dB range for all bands and output volume.
Freely assignable type per band (Peak, LPF, HPF, Shelf).
Adjustable dB/Oct for HPF/LPF.

No need to provide reasons why a powerful parametric eq is like magic, we all use DAWs with our favorite eq plugins.
I don't care if it takes 15% DSP, if I can have that power in one eq block I could create tones on a whole 'nother level using existing amp/cab models.

Add separate poweramps with a powerful parametric eq, and you open the Helix to a huge new world of tone shaping, with minimal dev work.

Nor did Neural.

jon-oliver-oh-shit.gif

Was just thinking it would be really cool to have a brown Princeton 6G2 and Deluxe 6G3 in helix. Really cool, useful amps for a number of classic tones.

I think the 3.7 thread evolved into the “If you don’t give @James Freeman his gd Brit 800 there will be horrendous consequences including a centuries-long plague cast upon all of Line 6’s offices and a 1,000-man army of poop-launching trebuchets so just give us the 800 and nobody gets hurt please and thank you” thread.

Thus the lack of activity here.

I think the 3.7 thread evolved into the “If you don’t give @James Freeman his gd Brit 800 there will be horrendous consequences including a centuries-long plague cast upon all of Line 6’s offices and a 1,000-man army of poop-launching trebuchets so just give us the 800 and nobody gets hurt please and thank you” thread.

So this is the calm before the storm.

Fleshlights that bite back.

I hope not, that's why I moved all the jcm800 stuff to another thread.
This and the previous 3.60 threads have many great requests that are not just models, worth saving if Line 6 didn't already.

I think the reason it's getting quieter around the Helix corners is everybody made their requests many time over and a lot of the top requests already got implemented so people are repeating their old requests from time to time that are not implemented yet.
Another reason that goes along with the previous is Helix/HX is viewed more like a trusty multi-tool and less like a luxury car, so there is far less brand hype and ownership pride, in my opinion.

And yes, no trusty multi-tool is complete without a FREAKING JCM*)).,!

Back