Helix 3.2 when?

I didn't check more than 2 factory presets but I tried all the artist presets that came with 3.00 update. There were some awesome ones. The Jeff Schroeder one is responsible for my current amps choice for clean and dirty.

There are quite a few times where I've wiped the slate clean and started fresh. Plenty of those times I had different a-ha moments with building tones to the point where it wasn't worth keeping any old presets.

I've redone presets from scratch many times mostly because I wanted to integrate new features or models that came with fw updates.

Some times I build brand new presets just because trying new ways to manage things is good for learning your gear better.

I imagine preset-per-song kind of guys love snapshots

Absolutely. Is all about snapshots.
My last one preset per song layout had single snapshots for any song section/sound needed (could be 2 sounds or 8 depending on the song), a "silence" snapshot (on almost all songs) saved as starting point and a "next song" button that recalled the next presets in the setlist since we used to play fixed setlist.
Was very practical and effective.

PXL_20221025_161849554.jpg

I've never really warmed up to snapshots. Not sure why. I generally don't need to change more than eight parameters within a patch to get the change I'm looking for, so I generally keep it in stomp mode and make good use of the multiple-assign feature.

Same here But I build my preset as per the song/record
mind you im a hobbyist and relatively a noob so theres no rush for me

I'm in a relatively new cover band and we're up to 40-plus songs — each of which has its own patch. I'm constantly tinkering with each one, but it's hard to imagine when I could find the time to redo them from scratch.

I bet they'll call it 3.3 or something just as a field experiment to see what happens when all the 3.2 threads implode.

Would be even more fun if they added a pitchfork-and-mob effect so we can all channel our angst creatively.

Yes, I have done this exclusively for quite some time. I do occasionally have a Utility patch and leverage STOMP mode, but mostly I like to prepare patch specific songs with snapshots.

I used Command Center to setup 10 presets in one view on the Helix. That was great. Now I have a QC though.

Most probably saw this elsewhere but DI has me intrigued with his comment that 3.2 will make it obvious where Helix is headed in the future. That along with prior comments about sonic improvements has put me in "are we there yet?" mode. So I hope it's next week. I'm far to old and mature to be getting all wound up over a firmware update.

I don't think he meant some radical shift in development direction, it was "it'll be obvious what will come in 3.3".
So if 3.2 has 6 new cabs, it'll probably get another 6.
Yeah, he said "3.3 and beyond" so I took it to imply some insight into where things are headed with Helix, not that it was necessarily anything radical, just interesting to me as a user who is hoping to stick with Helix for a good while.

Back