Helix 3.2 when?

but really am wanting for nothing on my end.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

The only thing for me that could "improve" at this point would be sends and returns not taking up block real estate. And that probably isn't going to happen. So I am rooting for everyone but really am wanting for nothing on my end.
Well for me its for the sonic Improvements as per the Hints that DI dropped, as for any gear added that's just bonus as I may use them or not
As i don't use much of whats in the Helix anyways a few Amps some drive pedals for gain staging some delays and reverbs
EQ and compressors
so whatever goodies they add will be Oh nice Good to have In case ill ever need it

Last edited:
The only thing for me that could "improve" at this point would be sends and returns not taking up block real estate. And that probably isn't going to happen. So I am rooting for everyone but really am wanting for nothing on my end.
That's a valid point there! :)

Since they're probably not DSP hogs anyway, I'd love the loops being simple chain "points" instead of blocks, similar to path splits etc.

I'm sure this could be done.

Does anyone else like to start from a fresh factory reset after an update?
Even though I sacrifice presets I've worked on, (i have them backed up if required) I like to start from scratch sometimes.

Even though I sacrifice presets I've worked on, (i have them backed up if required) I like to start from scratch sometimes.
I know what you're talking about.

Usually, I'll back up presets on their own, and after the reset/update process I do load my full backup first (to keep global settings), then single out the presets that I'm actually using and ditch all the others.

They're still stored on my harddrive anyway.

I did go through the factory presets when I bought my Helix but I also knew that the only way to properly compare to other modelers is using the same favorite IR.
In my personal opinion to properly demo Factory presets you have to disable all cab emulation globally and use an IR loader in your DAW or a real cab, that way you get to experience variety of effects without your ear gravitating towards "something doesn't sound quite right" and just concentrate on the interesting new sound possibilities with your familiar IR.

I usually just do whatever the update instructions say. Typically I'm only using a small handful of presets during any particular stretch of time so even after 4-5 years I still have a lot of empty user preset slots even if I preserve everything. Never have spent much time with any of the factory presets, but after what DI said recently I might poke around at them a little bit after 3.2 comes out.

have to say since 2 years I've owned my Helix I've not even looked at any Factory presets much less tried them :idk
Yup. Pretty much the same here, if you don't count less than five minutes of "this is ridiculous" right after the first bootup. ;)

I often use the output of one path as a send and the input of the other as the return. Doesn’t work on the stomp, obviously.

Haha - yes. I had a nice setup on my FM9, but since it was 2nd hand with no warranty, I upgraded to the FM9 Turbo. Now I’m starting over!

I'm a preset-per-song kind of guy, so the thought of that just makes my head hurt.

I'm a preset-per-song kind of guy, so the thought of that just makes my head hurt.
Same here But I build my preset as per the song/record
mind you im a hobbyist and relatively a noob so theres no rush for me

Last edited:
Back