Helix 3.2 when?

Going back to discussing presets and cabs.

I am very interested to hear the new Factory presets if they are refreshed with new cabs for 3.2.
Also, I want to see non-lazy and thorough reviews on youtube of 3.2 without shilling their own affiliations or products, I like Cordy and Sterlacci the most because they know how to operate the modeler thoroughly, don't have an agenda and are always honest.

Heck, I think Line 6 should make high quality thorough firmware release videos themselves instead of paying some geartuber who could hardly give a fuck and uses the opportunity to shill his own shit.
Official firmware release videos on youtube will be the biggest spread of good advertisement, that way Line 6 can officially 'bump' the awareness of what the Helix can do with every new firmware, and FFS don't leave that job for people like Ola, Jon or EytschPi42 who could hardly give a toss.

Last edited:
Also, I want to see non-lazy and thorough reviews on youtube of 3.2 without shilling their own affiliations or products, I like Cordy and Sterlacci the most because they know how to operate the modeler thoroughly, don't have an agenda and are always honest.

Heck, I think Line 6 should make high quality thorough firmware release videos themselves instead of paying some geartuber who could hardly give a f**k and uses the opportunity to shill his own s**t.

I'm kinda miffed about the poor reception among reviewers that the Metallurgy suite got. I can count the videos with one hand, and most of them were lazy AF anyway (i'm looking at you, Ola!).

Tried the plugins myself later on, and i found them to be pretty good.

Last edited:
don't leave that job for people like Ola, Jon or EytschPi42

Yeah I soured on all them too. I still think Ola is a funny dude but I don't really do much chugging these days even though I'd love to. I keep saying I am going record my original EP (Doomy Thrash) that I have about 400 minutes of scattered ideas for and I never get to it.

Going back to discussing presets and cabs.

I am very interested to hear the new Factory presets if they are refreshed with new cabs for 3.2.

Heck, I think Line 6 should make high quality thorough firmware release videos themselves instead of paying some geartuber who could hardly give a f**k and uses the opportunity to shill his own s**t.
Official firmware release videos on youtube will be the biggest spread of good advertisement, that way Line 6 can officially 'bump' the awareness of what the Helix can do with every new firmware, and FFS don't leave that job for people like Ola, Jon or EytschPi42 who could hardly give a toss.
I like that Line 6 guy that sometimes does videos on updates… can’t remember his name though… but it’s mostly just about showing off the new effects and such.

Given the size of their team, it doesn’t really make sense to do big release videos IMO. Just ship the firmware, I don’t need a video I’ll make up my own mind on what I think about it…

I mainly watch videos of fear I haven’t bought yet, not stuff I already have.

D

Well, I understand if they don't have human resources to make those videos, but official videos showing new features is like marketing 101. It never harms and it can actually attract new users.

As someone who combines Variax Acoustic sounds, and GeoShred SWAM sounds with electric guitar, often in the same song, and who only uses a single out to FoH I am not interested in IR or Cabs globally set on the output.

I can see how it could be useful for others though, but then I have to ask about amps or fx… having global blocks where editing one instance updates all others is much more appealing. And it really is just an extension of favourites except the favourite settings are read on load of preset rather than on insert of block.

I think Paul Hindmarsh did fine videos for the last update, but I enjoy and get a lot more out of John Nathan Cordy and Jason Sadites videos.

I could go for a playlist of just JNCs intro jams to have on while I work.

@HotRats Paul Hindmarsh has a soft Geordie accent, which is distinctly different to a Scottish accent.

I totally understand how it might not sound different to people from outside the UK though!
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

I can see how it could be useful for others though, but then I have to ask about amps or fx… having global blocks where editing one instance updates all others is much more appealing. And it really is just an extension of favourites except the favourite settings are read on load of preset rather than on insert of block.

Yeas this! This is what I wish favourite will become since they introduced them.

Ok so after listening to this what do you all think is wrong with the Helix 2204?
its right after the real amp model, so what is wrong with the 2204?
i dont hear much if any difference, certainly nothing worth changing my helix to any other modeler or purchasing a Real JCM800
:idk

Ok so after listening to this what do you all think is wrong with the Helix 2204?
its right after the real amp model, so what is wrong with the 2204?
i dont hear much if any difference, certainly nothing worth changing my helix to any other modeler or purchasing a Real JCM800
:idk

It gets *really* close with certain settings. It's not that the quality of the modeling is bad -- it's that the amp they modeled wasn't stock. It had its bright cap clipped and had one or two other component mods in the circuit which have a similar effect to the bright cap mod.

With the loss of the bright cap, it's the lower-gain cleanish and crunch tones that are most affected. They have a lot less treble and "clang" than a stock JCM800. The effect of the bright cap goes to 0 as gain is dialed up to 10, though, so the higher the gain setting the more it will sound like an unmodded amp.

This mod was a very common one back in the day, because people wanted to use quieter and/or cleaner tones without icepick treble blasting their ears. But in a modeler, it kinda just makes the amp sound "off" since we can dial back the gain and volume to any level we want in the virtual world.

Back