Helix 3.2 when?

May be those to. I think the general “don’t break my presets” people are actually performing people that also doesn’t make presets or tweak things themselves. :bag

Oh hell no. I’m one of the don’t break my presets people, and I make all my own presets from scratch. But once I’ve done that, and automated all the switching inside presets for playing songs live using snapshots, I sure don’t want to have to re-do everything when there’s a FW update.

D

Oh hell no. I’m one of the don’t break my presets people, and I make all my own presets from scratch. But once I’ve done that, and automated all the switching inside presets for playing songs live using snapshots, I sure don’t want to have to re-do everything when there’s a FW update.

Traditionally Line 6 does not break old preset compatibility and I'm sure they will not with 3.2 even if things are moved and reorganized, aside from that, everything remains pure speculation.

I for once am very interested to hear how the new presets will sound with the new cabs, if they are redone of course.

I wonder if Global Cab/IR has been considered as an opinion, that would be super useful for live venues or when you don't have time to edit all your presets one by one, similar to Global EQ which can be a quick life saver.

I also wonder if there is cool new features, Line 6 is known to innovate and drop things like Command Center out of the blue.

I for once am very interested to hear how the new presets will sound with the new cabs, if they are redone of course.

I wonder if Global Cab/IR has been considered as an opinion, that would be super useful for live venues or when you don't have time to edit all your presets one by one, similar to Global EQ which can be a quick life saver.

I also wonder if there is cool new features, Line 6 is known to innovate and drop things like Command Center out of the blue.

A global IR is somenthing I'm waiting for since I've bought the Helix.
Another innovation that would be useful for live users is an IR block with routing possibilities or an IR tab in the output block or whatever solution that let us use both a cab and an IR without scarifying a split path.

Last edited:
A global IR is somenthing I'm waiting for since I've bought the Helix.
Another innovation that would be useful for live users is an IR block with routing possibilities or an IR tab in the output block or whatever solution that let use somenthing use both a cab and an IR without scarifying a split path.

Global IR+EQ is literally the equivalent of micing and eqing a good cab to perfection on the venue, without changing anything in the main rig.
Modeler or real, that's every soundmans wet dream if it can be done quickly and efficiently.
Or use it like you would a real setup, where you have just one favorite cab and use everything through it.
etc.

The point is to not edit presets and be able to instantly change or bypass the IR on all presets.
Super useful feature no modeler does yet, afaik.

Imagine the outrage if 3.2 drops and there isn’t anything new with the cabs…

Global IR+EQ is literally the equivalent of micing and eqing a good cab to perfection on the venue, without changing anything in the main rig.
Modeler or real, that's every soundmans wet dream if it can be done quickly and efficiently.
Or use it like you would a real setup, where you have just one favorite cab and use everything through it.
etc.

The point is to not edit presets and be able to instantly change or bypass the IR on all presets.

Yeah I know, that's why I didn't like when they changed how Irs are stored in the presets. I would have loved to be able to chose between the old and the current method.
With the old method (pointing to a specific location) was easy to change all IRs by simply overwriting the IR location with the desired IR. Not a very practical solution but it worked.

Had to download an update for my iMac yesterday and when it was done it gave me a warning that the current Line 6 and Roland software would not be compatible with the next update... then an hour later got a message saying to download the next update... :oops::poop::oops:

etc.

Good call.

Kemper I think my get close if you lock the cab section, but it's been a while since I used it.

Global IR/EQ would be sweet.

I believe that Axe FX III has global blocks, blocks that you can change across multiple presets. No idea idea if that includes cab blocks.

I would expect based on DI reply
About couple of weeks being way optimistic and that they have a target date but have never successfully hit that
The window you may be looking at is 4-6 weeks

I would expect based on DI reply
About couple of weeks being way optimistic and that they have a target date but have never successfully hit that
The window you may be looking at is 4-6 weeks
I'm almost always on vacation when something of note drops (purely coincidental/bad luck... or IS IT?) and I have vacation coming up. So although none of us know exactly when 3.20 will be released, my pessimism tells me it'll be during one particular two week span.

I'm almost always on vacation when something of note drops (purely coincidental/bad luck... or IS IT?) and I have vacation coming up. So although none of us know exactly when 3.20 will be released, my pessimism tells me it'll be during one particular two week span.
Yeah!!!! This is the closest we get to actually knowing the update is “coming up”.

It is evidence. Because it’s true… you’re always freaking away on vacation when something happens.

One thing that is boring though is that Frank doesn’t do the airport/terminal clues anymore… That was fun times…

Back