Nothing says “Fight the Power” like pushing units of expensive high end software…

But at least they’ve introduced a new concept: relic’d road worn GUI so your virtual amp can look like it’s lived a tough life on the road, bearing the battle scars of a thousand seedy joints as you clawed your way to the top.

And the logo is taped over to up your rock & roll rebel cred and show the world you’re not some corporate shill; you won’t be a slave to a system of corporate greed and power.

I may be in a cynical mood… I’ll stop now

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Exactly where I'm at. As much as I can't stand the company, he's an iconic and unique get for the modeling world at large. That being said, the value prop of this particular archetype seems a bit low compared to the others...?

Yeah, I think Cordy nailed it in his video, it’s a bit “bold” to charge $120 for one amp, one cab, and a bunch of reskinned effects. (All for a dude known more for his approach and style than purely tone) This seems high on hype and short on substance.

IMG_2508.jpeg

Just saw that. Cab in the plugin is a Peavey with G12K85’s (same as K100’s).

Agree it’s a bit pricey for what it is. Nembrini MRH810’s list price is $137 though, and doesn’t have the FX or a cab section that’s as good. Still, pretty sure no one is paying those prices for Nembrini. NDSP is a tough sell to me even at 50% off (which will inevitably happen). Still, cool to have another amp available that isn’t commonly modelled.

I usually joke about NDSP building their business on excellent presets... but there's probably more truth to that than most people would like to admit. I'm pretty sure a large number of users never venture past these.

Same deal with the QC, btw - that thing comes with great presets. I had a blast playing the very first stock preset on my QC back then (Brit 2203), or things like Toxic Synth.
Rabea…Morello… I usually only care for presets out of curiosity to see what the endorsers a forced to turn in but those a hunk of shit. And I’m being nice.

Sure plugs sound fine but playing them is about as much fun as drilling a blow up doll…jus sayin

Back