The 2205 is has more in common with a JCM900 than a 2203 from what I see in the schematic. :idk
Normal channel is quite nice in these, especially with a boost. Still, not as nice as a 2203/2204 IMO but they're quite cool. I think I overall preferred my 2210 to Jubilee.
I've since sold both amps, but have ToneX models of both. Morello plugin instantly sounds just like my 2210 models (go figure). I have the Nembrini plugin still, haven't used it a great deal but I imagine the Neural is going to feel nicer under the fingers (even though these Marshall's aren't the nicest feeling) than I found with that one.

No, actually it'll work great in this instance. Cheapskates like me that seek value like myself will pass, and idiot sycophants that have to have the latest Neural DSP plug-in will buy it in droves. They should come out with Archetype: Decline of Western Civilization.
Drunk Penelope Spheeris GIF by Turner Classic Movies

One of the few Marshall amps I’ve got zero interest in when it comes to acquiring a digital version. The Henson has a pretty good 800.

…also the Nolly.

Last edited:

Very quick A/B with Nembrini MRH810 and one of my ToneX models from a 2210. Neural seems to have some slightly different behaviours with the channel and master volume and overall its brighter/fizzier. Guessing it could be related to Tom's amp being a different revision (those amps were plagued with shitty PCB designs and underwent revisions during production), but also it could be down to the load used, or bias/valves. Not sure I like the low end on Neural's one too much either, it gets a bit wild quickly in an odd way.

I think ToneX scratches the itch well enough for me, and Nembrini is close enough if I feel the need to tweak more. I think you'd REALLY have to love Tom Morello and/or 2205's to pay over £100 for this (for the amp sounds I mean). Crunch channel is pretty nice actually (max the volume out). I like the NDSP amp reverb more than Nembrini but ultimately it’s nothing to write home about.

Included IR’s aren’t for me. FX are fun for about 5 seconds and then I never want to hear them ever again.

I think both plugins do the 2210/2205 thing well enough if thats what you're after though.

Last edited:
Back