I'm the type who wants accurate models that are like the real gear, so that I can tinker with it the same way I would with real gear. I don't care if I sound like 1,000 other people who all bought the same plugin and use the same presets!
Tbf the exact reason I’ve bought almost all of their plugins is because they are extremely accurate models that sound and interact like the real deal. I also never use the included presets, very rarely ever use the included IR’s, and the fx also barely get used for me.

I like the quality of the amp modelling, the prearranged signal path (if I need a boost or reverb/delay there’s generally one there, and if I need something else I can just use another plugin before or after). I also like that the cab loader can load IR’s and I can toggle quickly between them (works well for my own IR’s where it is somewhat close to moving the mic left or right),

Compared to Helix or Amplitube, I have to preconfigure the routing for each patch, and also both are pretty clunky for using a large collection of IR’s. Sometimes their wider choice of gear and fx is useful, but generally I keep things simple and favour just a very good sounding amp model+IR.

Tbf the exact reason I’ve bought almost all of their plugins is because they are extremely accurate models that sound and interact like the real deal. I also never use the included presets, very rarely ever use the included IR’s, and the fx also barely get used for me.

I like the quality of the amp modelling, the prearranged signal path (if I need a boost or reverb/delay there’s generally one there, and if I need something else I can just use another plugin before or after). I also like that the cab loader can load IR’s and I can toggle quickly between them (works well for my own IR’s where it is somewhat close to moving the mic left or right),

Compared to Helix or Amplitube, I have to preconfigure the routing for each patch, and also both are pretty clunky for using a large collection of IR’s. Sometimes their wider choice of gear and fx is useful, but generally I keep things simple and favour just a very good sounding amp model+IR.
Yeah, fair enough. I can certainly understand that. Just not my cup o' tea. If Neural had a plug-in more like Helix Native or Amplitube where everything is under the same umbrella, and can be used together with flexible routing, I'd probably own it by now. (Or maybe if the Quad Cortex wasn't such an overpromised under-delivering unit, I'd have it!)

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Tom’s solo on Audioslave’s “Like a Stone” gives me goosebumps. Such emotional playing on that track.

:bag
Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic.
You fooled me. It's one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite bands of all time. And one of my favorite solos as well. I remember hating it when it came out (wasn't a big RATM fan growing up) because the guitar sounds were just to "weird" and "trying-to-stand-out". Fast forward a couple of years later and I start getting seriously into Audioslave and have been digging them ever since.

In fact, this NDSP plugin along with the Tone King Imperial one is probably the one that is most relevant to my guitar tastes.

All that aside I have other ways of achieving those sounds and won't be purchasing this one either. But I like that it's not yet another Prog/Metal/Prog-metal plugin from NDSP. Some of us just wanna rock.

I remember hating it when it came out (wasn't a big RATM fan growing up) because the guitar sounds were just to "weird" and "trying-to-stand-out".

I think both RATM and Soundgarden fans were expecting more of the same, and Audioslave was neither. Their work has definitely grown on me over the years.

Same for Cornell's solo career, tbh. I hated his first album when it first came out.

I think both RATM and Soundgarden fans were expecting more of the same, and Audioslave was neither. Their work has definitely grown on me over the years.

Same for Cornell's solo career, tbh. I hated his first album when it first came out.
Totally agree. Chris Cornell is my favorite rock vocalist of all time but I don't really care for any of his solo albums.

But his solo acoustic performance "Acoustic Live In Sweden 2006 Bootleg" is one of my absolute favorite vocal (and acoustic) performances of all time and still gives me goosebumps to this day - in a good way :giggle:

i def respect Morello, he is truly one of a kind and is amazing. but you never are like wow he has the best tone ever. its his playing and creativity. doesn't he like pride himself on using the same gear virtually all his career that was never the most expensive or hard to find stuff?

i cant imagine being so lazy that you cant create that type of dirt tone and set some effects to get those sounds but you need to spend money to have it done for you. like people are willing to pay out what may be a couple hours worth of what they get paid or up to a few hours more but are not willing to figure out how to use what gear they already have to get those same tones in probably way less time? pretty wild but whatever i guess, spend your money how you like.

I was excited to hear Chris getting back into the spotlight and in a different type of group. I didn't like RATM's politics and I don't like hip hop, so not having Zack was a plus for me.

I first heard Chris with Soundgarden in 1991-92 when Outshined and Rusty Cage were on the radio, then of course with Superunknown and Down on the Upside. I heard Temple of the Dog when Hunger Strike was all over the radio in 1992-ish, but I didn't get their album until 1999, and then devoured that. Also in 1999 I got Chris' solo album Euphoria Morning right when it came out, so I was really into all the work he did up to that point.

So when Audioslave was first announced and coming out, I was excited because Chris was amazing and I was sure the music would be great, which I think it was. It was different but I don't want or expect artists to stay in a narrow lane their entire careers. I like Audioslave more than RATM although I don't honestly listen to either too much anymore.

Chris' later solo albums didn't do much for me, especially the Scream album he did with Justin Timberlake. I don't fully know if it's "selling out" but I don't like pop music and it just felt like a reach.

i cant imagine being so lazy that you cant create that type of dirt tone and set some effects to get those sounds but you need to spend money to have it done for you. like people are willing to pay out what may be a couple hours worth of what they get paid or up to a few hours more but are not willing to figure out how to use what gear they already have to get those same tones in probably way less time?
About the only place I have wanted to match tones was for playing covers. I'd get "close enuff."

But having a plugin that already has that tone, vs. being able to create it yourself, i.e., spend your money or your time... I think of it related to something Paul Gilbert said about learning solos of other guitarists. He said he'd get them close, but in playing things differently (like maybe using string skipping instead of sweeping), he'd come up with his own style, or technique.

I think getting your own tone can be similar, in that if you aim for a sound you like, but don't quite get there, it can be good, in that you have something that ends up sounding like..., you.

I remember hearing “Cochise” for the first time, surprisingly well, actually. I was never hugely interested in RATM, thought Tom did some interesting stuff and I loved the more rockin’/grooving sections of their stuff but only bits and pieces. I remember being a bit cynical going into “Cochise” but I loved the chorus, thought the song worked overall and after Chris’s ‘won’t feel a thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing” I was sold. Lots of great songs in that band, though Chris was always the biggest reason I dug them.

I do really dig that solo for “Like A Stone”, that’s a great solo and as a Whammy addict, I’d say it‘s up there in the great pieces of whammy music.

Back