What NDSP don't realize is they are over saturating themselves out of relevancy with those archetype plugins, hype marketing and cash grabs.
Very much like a music genre that quickly fades out of popularity, say 80s Disco or early 00's Emo, people get sick of force feeding.
Ship arrived to late to save the drowning witch…to quote Zappa

Maybe I’m wrong, but I always got the sense that De La Rocha believed in the message, and Morello was just along for the ride
I don't mind the lyrics or content.
It's fun to scream fuck you I won't do what you tell me. I do it all the time.

But there's that, and then there is supporting the Zapatista's and Che Guevara and ignoring their atrocities (side look at the Mandela's as well) because everything has to be looked at in black and white terms or you're just a squuuaaarrrrreeeeeeee.

I know we're not a politics forum, so I won't bang on it too much.... but political musicians are quite often massive fucking idiots. Super glad most of them just play in shit covers bands who are as relevant as a ball hair on your tongue.

It's fun to scream f**k you I won't do what you tell me. I do it all the time.

But there's that, and then there is supporting the Zapatista's and Che Guevara and ignoring their atrocities (side look at the Mandela's as well) because everything has to be looked at in black and white terms or you're just a squuuaaarrrrreeeeeeee.

I know we're not a politics forum, so I won't bang on it too much.... but political musicians are quite often massive f*****g idiots. Super glad most of them just play in s**t covers bands who are as relevant as a ball hair on your tongue.
Yeah, I guess I'm guilty of just enjoying the music and not listening too closely. Also, in my defense I'm not exactly a massive fan either. Just catch them when they're on, so to speak. But yes, I do agree with your points, for sure. That's why singing about dragons and slaying your enemies with a broadsword is nearly always cooler, IMO. :D

I don’t think they’ve reached the tipping point entirely, but there is definitely a point where there is so much overlap that none of them become that unique. Each plug-in, in theory, makes the next one slightly less necessary.

They've been also cross-porting features (like the doubler) across plugin suites, which i find very interesting. And, as many mentioned before, effects are reused all over the place.

Yeah, I guess I'm guilty of just enjoying the music and not listening too closely. Also, in my defense I'm not exactly a massive fan either. Just catch them when they're on, so to speak. But yes, I do agree with your points, for sure. That's why singing about dragons and slaying your enemies with a broadsword is nearly always cooler, IMO. :D
I'm actually a big fan. Just don't get wrapped up in the message too much. I prefer Limp Bizkit for deep and meaningful lyrics.

Rage is one of those bands where you grow up and realize their politics aren’t all that great, but the takeaway that you got from them as a kid (questioning power, considering different perspectives and world views etc.) was largely positive and encouraged thought.

It's the obnoxious pee stains that bother me most about that amp!

Would not want to be looking at that uric filth all day long.

Seriously, I have a pair of Bose speakers our pug (RIP) used to pee on all the time, didn’t matter how many times I sprayed the covers off, they look like that still.

I dont get why I read that much shit about Morello on Facebook or whatever … like « he suck », « not a good guitar player » etc
Please ….shut up …
They probably don’t know his stuff, particulary his guitar work on the first album : great solos, innovation … a signature tone that you recognize immediately. « Evil empire » kick ass too…
Jealousy everywhere in socials

People don’t get that it is not all about technique (and this guy can seriously play, listen to the « know your enemy solo…). Ratm got cult songs, even if I globally dislike rap music and I’m not in political stuff at all, but I don’t know I like their stuff. I have spent tons of hours learning all the morello stuff back in the day, it was super interesting

Last edited:
I dont get why I read that much s**t about Morello on Facebook or whatever … like « he suck », « not a good guitar player » etc
Please ….shut up …
They probably don’t know his stuff, particulary his guitar work on the first album : great solos, innovation … a signature tone that you recognize immediately. « Evil empire » kick ass too…
Jealousy everywhere in socials

People don’t get that it is not all about technique (and this guy can seriously play, listen to the « know your enemy solo…). Ratm got cult songs, even if I globally dislike rap music and I’m not in political stuff at all, but I don’t know I like their stuff. I have spent tons of hours learning all the morello stuff back in the day, it was super interesting

I’ve personally got no gripes with him and dig a lot of what he‘s been a part of, the dude’s just made himself a walking bullseye due to politics. I mean, people don’t even need to bring up any politics and they’ve got a target on their back (Metallica). In this particular case, I understand the push-back more than other times.

I don't care what your politics are if you're a musician. One side or the other, just keep it to yourself. But Tom comes across as against the very forces that made it possible for him to become a star. That's the part that I don't dig. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Plus, most of them (and us; I know I don't) don't really understand all the intricacies that factor into the decisions that people in power have to make.

I don't care what your politics are if you're a musician. One side or the other, just keep it to yourself. But Tom comes across as against the very forces that made it possible for him to become a star. That's the part that I don't dig. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Plus, most of them (and us; I know I don't) don't really understand all the intricacies that factor into the decisions that people in power have to make.

That’d be the aspect of Tom I tend to tilt my head at. As far as musicians talking politics, I’ve got no problem with that, even when I don’t agree with them. I mean, would we even have Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals or The Wall if it weren’t for musicians talking politics? That said, I’d much rather hear it in the form of music rather than a Blabbermouth headline.

Though I do get a huge kick out of it whenever someone from Lamb Of God says something about politics and people say “You were better before you started talking about politics” :rofl :rofl :rofl

I loved that first Audioslave album. Really damn good. Set It Off and Light My Way, so many killer non-radio tracks.

I never got the hate for Audioslave. They put out some amazing music and, as you noted, their first album is a downright rock masterpiece. I recall critics being quite harsh on that record when it came out - particularly cork sniffers such as Pitchfork.

My only real complaint about it is the production. Like most recordings from the early 2000s, it's overcompressed, and everything is obviously aligned to a grid. Doing this to a band who can groove as hard as 3/4s of RATM's should be considered a crime against humanity.

Also, Jesus H Christ guys, some of the comments here about Morello remind me of the "yet you participate in society" meme.

Last edited:
Back