Fractal Talk

The Gear Forum?

More like The Grammar Forum ammiright
1724278754234.gif

With all this SLO100 content dominating my YouTube feed today, I decided to dial in a good lead tone on the FM3 to see what the fuss is all about. I have zero experience with the real deal, but boy does that model deliver!

Round, thick, and compressed, yet still retains excellent note separation despite all the gain. And the harmonics! 😍

Definitely digging it, especially with my JB-equipped PRS. I’m a fan.

With all this SLO100 content dominating my YouTube feed today, I decided to dial in a good lead tone on the FM3 to see what the fuss is all about. I have zero experience with the real deal, but boy does that model deliver!

Round, thick, and compressed, yet still retains excellent note separation despite all the gain. And the harmonics! 😍

Definitely digging it, especially with my JB-equipped PRS. I’m a fan.
I have the SLO 30 and I truly mean it's a keeper 😀

gotta be honest , I am not loving this most recent update on the Fm9 , I have tried it with several guitars and RANF and reset blocks

I find the low and low mids really kind of loose and hard to tighten up the high gain tones , tried several different York Ir, and it not doing it for me might roll back for now , I find it back to that darker side of the tones , which is fine I just tend to like a bit tighter and more focused in the lows

gotta be honest , I am not loving this most recent update on the Fm9 , I have tried it with several guitars and RANF and reset blocks

I find the low and low mids really kind of loose and hard to tighten up the high gain tones , tried several different York Ir, and it not doing it for me might roll back for now , I find it back to that darker side of the tones , which is fine I just tend to like a bit tighter and more focused in the lows
You've been FRACTAL'D

In all seriousness, try the dynacabs. They tend to brighten it up for me. What are you listening through and what amp?

Clips or it didn't happen.

@la szum that’s why I probably would hesitate going Fractal because my inner demon would force me to spend months if not years making amp/cab/room presets through the whole fractal catalogue. And then I would sort them all in some weird system that makes no sense, and after that spend comparison sessions trying to figure out wich I like the best, only to realize that I only really need one amp. And by then I would have already got ideas in my head that should do the same with QC.

Hi, Swede! :beer

I have found that it really helps me to be intentional when I pick up the guitar. It could be
the intention to explore tones (clean or dirty?), or the intention to work on specific pieces
of music or styles of playing. I know if I sit down and have an intention of what exactly I want
to work on then I am pretty much guaranteed of not being sucked into the weeds by a million
possibilities. :idk

I usually have something I want to work on, or an idea or vibe in my head, and then I try
and give it some air in the real world. Kind of like making a list of food to get at the store
so you don't end up with a loaded cart and a ton of crap you had no intention of buying
until it tempted our faces directly. :LOL:

I really like the Dyna Cabs. Using them exclusively on my no just Amp/Cab presets.
I think some may not like them because the Dyna Cabs are not as polished and
smooth sounding as a lot of other IRs/Legacy Cabs can be. That rawness is much
more in your face (especially if you hover a 57 directly over the Cone!!). I am
blending the Ribbon (Royer?) with a 57, and loving the results. Other IRs are cool,
and I will still use a few. The Dyna Cabs just remind me of the days of directly
Mic'ing up a Cab/Speaker and then going with it.

They can also like an EQ by using the inherent Proximity Effect, and then adjusting
the Mic to taste. That said, you can also get caught up in the weeds of micro-adjusting
the Mic placement in the Dyna Cabs. :idk

I built a Mrak V Preset last night. Settled on the Recto Slant Dyna Cab. 57/121.

(Brief wish and whine: why not more Microphone options??) :sofa

Tried to right the balance and order of the Universe by not gutting/shelving the
Mids completely.

sassy role playing GIF by Hyper RPG

:rofl

What a great setup. Gonna rock out a few of these at practice tonight with the guys
and see how they sound with more volume than any Garage can handle. :rawk

Have a Bogner Blue for my Plexi-ish vibes, a SLO preset, and then the Mrak V and
EVH Stealth Blue for the Heavies. We'l hear how close I was, or was not, from hitting
the mark. 🎯

:beer

I built a Mrak V Preset last night. Settled on the Recto Slant Dyna Cab. 57/121.

(Brief wish and whine: why not more Microphone options??) :sofa

I thought the main driving force behind the Dyna Cab implementation was the complaint that there were too many IR options to scroll through and that it was causing option paralysis. The Dyna Cabs give you a small selection of good cabs and the ability to mic them how you want with a small selection of microphones. Option paralysis solved. Now people want a return to the option paralysis.

Cant Believe Here We Go Again GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

Back