Fractal Talk

Buys incredibly powerful modeling system
Ignores half the blocks that contribute to its incredible power

Glad you guys have caught up at least :rofl

I think in my case it’s full credit to the platform in general that everything sounds so badass that I never have to venture too far off the basic path to have something killer.

I’d like to fancy myself as a deep tweaker or a power user with my gear, but honestly the second I find something vibey I just stop fiddling and play, which happens pretty quick with this thing.

At least that’s my half ass PlexDelay excuse after owning the f’ing thing for 8-9 months. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Bro. Plex & MTD are life!

So many blocks man. :rofl

giphy.gif

I haven’t even tried the Mega or Ten-Tap blocks. :bag

Definitely better than they used to be, still something’s not right about how they stack and how they hit the amp

This is something I'm sure FAS would look into and fix if they do find an inaccuracy. If you have any of the real world equivalent gear, I'd post clips of your guitar with the same riffs / licks played through the real life gear then though the models, as well as the raw DI track.

This is something I'm sure FAS would look into and fix if they do find an inaccuracy. If you have any of the real world equivalent gear, I'd post clips of your guitar with the same riffs / licks played through the real life gear then though the models, as well as the raw DI track.
Agreed , Cliff is obviously looking at the drive blocks again at the moment

FC12 landed :banana

IMG_5080.jpeg

Full beast mode with the FAS effects now.

That was super simple to setup. The hold increment/decrement was exactly what I was wanting to cruise the block channels. (y) The emergence of the PlexDelay yesterday forced the Tremolo off the board but I don’t use it a bunch anyway. (No chorus block needed atm, using the JC’s built in Chorus)

Once I figure out the expression pedal config I’ll be set. Would like to have that control the mix/decay for all the reverbs and delays. Set them to default to like 10% mix then toe down to around 50%.

Cooking now.

Last edited:

View attachment 25662

That was super simple to setup. The hold increment/decrement was exactly what I was wanting to toggle the block channels. (y) The emergence of the PlexDelay yesterday forced the Tremolo off the board but I don’t use it a bunch anyway. (No chorus block needed atm, using the JC’s built in Chorus)

Once I figure out the expression pedal config I’ll be set. Would like to have that control the mix/decay for all the reverbs and delays. Set them to default to like 10% mix then toe down to around 50%.

Cooking now.
The pedalboard isn't gone right 🫠

FC12 is fantastic in its own right tho!

I flipped the MercuryX and Volante for the FC12.

The rest of the pedal board will live with the JVM. :satan

The Axe/FC12 stack will be on Jazz Chorus and DAW duty.
Nice! Yeah I had the volante for a few weeks but just didn't get along with it given the cost.

Always a good idea to keep the analog and digital gear in their own realm imo

I dunno. I am pretty expert w/ MIDI (i.e. have actually written a MIDI editor from scratch). Don’t deeply care about the implementation details here. Just IME, it sucks as a replacement for AE in the field and I’m fairly confident it is not pilot error.

I agree that if FAS embraced and took ownership of it, they could turn it into a proper mobile AE. Wish they would.
Wonder why they don’t? Seems even though not everyone wants something like that… enough would. I’m not a huge fan of doing midi on the Fractal platform anyway regardless of mobile device editor.

Nice! Yeah I had the volante for a few weeks but just didn't get along with it given the cost.

Always a good idea to keep the analog and digital gear in their own realm imo

I found the Volante to be a bit cold and clinical, especially next to the Dig and DMM which each have such unique vibes/character. I would like to try the El Cap v2 eventually though.

I think in my case it’s full credit to the platform in general that everything sounds so badass that I never have to venture too far off the basic path to have something killer.
EXACTLY!!

I play pretty much the same preset most of the time. The delays in it sound killer.

It was also evident that @GuitarJon doesn't have much familiarity with the clean amps. The tones ended up sounding great.

I just always use the same Bassguy amp and that just works for me. For the video i wanted to leave it open to Henning to find something that suited him but we ended up with a bassguy anyway haha!

I use my Fractals everyday so it was a little embarrassing that I couldn't find certain parameters so fast, like the input level for example. I also never work on Apple, let alone with a touch pad but this was just the raw experience and it shows you that sometimes it takes a while before you can get what you want with a device like an FM9.

View attachment 25662

That was super simple to setup. The hold increment/decrement was exactly what I was wanting to toggle the block channels. (y) The emergence of the PlexDelay yesterday forced the Tremolo off the board but I don’t use it a bunch anyway. (No chorus block needed atm, using the JC’s built in Chorus)

Cooking now.

In case you didn't know, you're not limited to one layout for effects. You can program the tap or hold function on any button to switch to a different layout, and populate that layout with lesser used effects.

Back