Fractal Talk

The Yellow Channel on the Mark V is completely unrepresented in the Fractalverse.

Not a single Mode (hello, MK1, and you, too, Crunch) is in the Amp Model Library. :unsure:

Hi all

Is the Global EQ active / useable when recording using only the FM3 USB in's and out's (?) [no analog ,i/o of any kind in use]

Ben

So I got that loadbox a couple weeks back and I know I've sent a few PM's here saying, "Man, I might be done with modeling, there's just something an amp can do that I don't get from modeling" but I wanted to wait a bit before I said it in any threads and got that whole debate rolling. Glad I waited.

It's just more of what I've mentioned in the past; I'm so used to dialing in my presets to be record-ready that I'm chopping out shit that you hear with an amp the second you turn it on and turn the volume up. After spending time with some models again, and A/B'ing some tracks I had recorded previously, there's really no difference within the given context. The low end is the biggest thing I notice, I'm so careful about how much I dial in and when I first heard the Electra Dyne into some DynaCabs I was really floored with how big it sounded, but once I started tweaking it to record, it could have been any AxeFX model of a similar amp.
Is that your take just for recording, or for playing live?

Is that your take just for recording, or for playing live?

Just for recording, but I also have zero experience with "FRFR" stuff meant to for playing live and I suspect I’d have the same experience with that. The crux is dialing in a tone that’s assumed to be what we want to hear, but we’ll often do that in a “I’m going to dial out the stuff I DON’T want” and a lot of times that stuff is exactly what we love about playing through a tube amp.

So I got that loadbox a couple weeks back and I know I've sent a few PM's here saying, "Man, I might be done with modeling, there's just something an amp can do that I don't get from modeling" but I wanted to wait a bit before I said it in any threads and got that whole debate rolling. Glad I waited.

It's just more of what I've mentioned in the past; I'm so used to dialing in my presets to be record-ready that I'm chopping out shit that you hear with an amp the second you turn it on and turn the volume up. After spending time with some models again, and A/B'ing some tracks I had recorded previously, there's really no difference within the given context. The low end is the biggest thing I notice, I'm so careful about how much I dial in and when I first heard the Electra Dyne into some DynaCabs I was really floored with how big it sounded, but once I started tweaking it to record, it could have been any AxeFX model of a similar amp.

Thanks for posting this. I sold the load box and speaker sim stuff years ago along with most of my tube amps. Still occasionally wonder if I’m missing something that my memory just isn’t accurately recalling or that I would appreciate now that I’m a little different player than I used to be, which makes me think I need a load box and a killer head or two. You’ve squelched my gas for at least a little while on this point.

D

Thanks for posting this. I sold the load box and speaker sim stuff years ago along with most of my tube amps. Still occasionally wonder if I’m missing something that my memory just isn’t accurately recalling or that I would appreciate now that I’m a little different player than I used to be, which makes me think I need a load box and a killer head or two. You’ve squelched my gas for at least a little while on this point.

D

Hahahahah I definitely confirmed it for myself last night; I still had all my heads in my living room and I felt like recording but didn’t want to start dragging gear all over, despite starting the song on the EVH head, I didn’t hesitate to plug into my AxeFX for a second.

That's no way to start a contentious food fight, Drew. I am extremely disappointed. This is the
Internet. Futile and senseless bickering is the norm. Why you letting us down?? :hmm

:rofl

Hahahahaha look, that might have been the only time I was ever a legit moderator here, by pre-moderating myself before starting a huge internet debate, only for me to come back to a week later and say “Eh, never mind. I was wrong” :rofl

Yeah it’s an interesting spot to be in when 95% of your revenue is generated from nostalgia branding. They at least seemingly understand that without a place at the table with modern musicians those avenues won’t continue indefinitely.

Nonsense marketing interview. You could replace Marshall with Sony, and amplifier etc. with television, washing machine, etc. and the interview would be the same for 90% or so.

want to bekieNonsense marketing interview. You could replace Marshall with Sony, and amplifier etc. with television, washing machine, etc. and the interview would be the same for 90% or so.
but, but, but…

X Files GIF by The X-Files

Back