Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

Spillover/tails on preset change?
20241015_181753.jpg

Did someone ship one to Josh Scott yet? He can plug it into his Kemper.
JHS is clever with the free marketing for other pedal companies thing. But I get the feeling he’s not going to endorse full blown modeling multi fx that can actually replace individual pedals. He might not always be selling his own pedals, but he’s still selling the idea of individual pedals, which will help him in the long run. I never saw a JHS video comparing pedals to modelers. He went with kemper because to most people it’s more about amp profiles and not as much about effects models the way fractal and helix etc are. And he keeps it hidden from view so you’re focused on the pedals.

Unit not for me but watching Leon’s video it looks great. Can picture using this in front of an amp and they’ve done a good job making the on device usable compared to past offerings

Also $699usd turns into $1000 usd here in Australia, rip

Hopefully they bring out an amp/cab box cause then it’ll get interesting what that combo looks like vs an fm3/fm9

I can't think of too many reasons this wouldn't be a no-brainer at 700 bucks!

I'd love to know how many of these they end up selling. M@tt alluded to running out..., "Not looking good for the slowpokes of tomorrow," at 2pm.

Damn! :beer

Watching Aaron’s demo vid and seeing that he used some clean preamp pedal in front… Makes me think that it’s a shame FAS didn’t add at least a simple fixed clean amp block in this VP4… Get your dirt from the drive pedals.

Seeing myself referenced on a first name basis makes me feel like a celebrity LOL. I really should make more videos. I have 1,400 subscribers and yet I almost never post anything. Probably some more VP4 content in the near future, maybe an "FRFR" speaker review?

Back