Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

Speaking of BT, there's an ad for a senior software engineer on Fractals' website that mentions BT & WIFI, as well as Android in the skills requirements section. :unsure:

Time to start a new speculation thread? :facepalm
all-gas-no-brakes-go.gif

It does mono 4cm, so yes you can.
OK - I saw a rear image on one video but there was no labeling that described it as such. But I rekon no glorious stereo reverb or delay effects with this method. Does sound great but I already have a sizable investment in Strymon.🤓

Last edited:
Strymon isn’t necessarily doomed because of this, but it certainly will have some effect, given that the frickin Big Sky MX is only $20 less than the VP4. There’s always gonna be people that want nothing to do with anything with a screen though.

Yes, and I think there’s a certain trendy/instragram/youtube type that is drawn to Strymon because of how they look, the colours/design, brand recognition, etc, that will stick with them and not be too moved by the VP4.

Yes, and I think there’s a certain trendy/instragram/youtube type that is drawn to Strymon because of how they look, the colours/design, brand recognition, etc, that will stick with them and not be too moved by the VP4.
Well there may be that type but there's also the type that already has an investment and has no need to go down another road even if it is sonically better but not necessarily the best for their workflow. I don't think there are types. I think there are just tools that work for some people better than others. It's really OK to be different, unless you're among people that don't like people who are different.

Okay, this is better than what I was picturing. Cliff's already teased the possibility of 2-4 additional 'fixed' blocks and an IR player. I'm not in any hurry, but if those materialize, I'm in.

edit:
Sadly, AdminM at the official forum has already ruled out additional blocks. Glad I didn't impulse purchase based on the earlier post. I'm out.
I don't think you got it right... He said something like "let's let firmware 1.0 breathe" and "as of now".

Considering Cliff already mentioned there possibility I would consider it still on the table for the future.

Back