Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

Cooper Carter is controlled by people behind the scenes wearing a haptic suit like that Musk event with robots the other week.
By a...Fractal-Bot?

1729163315516.png

Kin hell.... it has literally just dawned on me...

FM3:
- Clean
- Crunch
- Overdrive

VP4:
- Drive
- Delay
- Delay
- Verb

You could literally have 7 footswitches right there at your feet, and do a bit of mild tap dancing.... for not very much floor real estate at all, and stick that in a bag for fly dates.
Yeah but... that combo has roughly the same footprint and same price as an FM9, personally I wouldn't change my FM9 for that.

Whoa... mine is showing as arriving today! :pickle

I don't know if I'll be there to sign for it though... :columbo

But hopefully, at worst, I can pick it up tomorrow. :pickle

The delivery people that service my neighborhood straight up ignore the signature requirements. The $4k Tom Anderson guitar that I had delivered in August was left on the porch with no signature collected despite it saying that a signature would be required upon delivery.

The delivery people that service my neighborhood straight up ignore the signature requirements. The $4k Tom Anderson guitar that I had delivered in August was left on the porch with no signature collected despite it saying that a signature would be required upon delivery.

Yes, now that you say it, my FM3 was left on the porch w/out a signature, if I remember right. I live in a different area now though, so we'll see.

Yes, now that you say it, my FM3 was left on the porch w/out a signature, if I remember right. I live in a different area now though, so we'll see.

Pretty sure it was like that for my FM3 delivery in Canada too. Fortunately, I was watching for delivery notifications like a hawk, so it only sat there for a few minutes, but the "required signature" thing is a farce.

SPDIF and MIDI stuff

:love :love :love
Kin hell.... it has literally just dawned on me...

FM3:
- Clean
- Crunch
- Overdrive

VP4:
- Drive
- Delay
- Delay
- Verb

You could literally have 7 footswitches right there at your feet, and do a bit of mild tap dancing.... for not very much floor real estate at all, and stick that in a bag for fly dates.
Oh lord I didn't even allow myself to go down this route! I got the VP so I had an excuse to buy more amps and leave it hooked up in the loop of wtfever I wanted without reconfiguring the tightly organized FM3 board or the Axe III rack that's not easy to get to to add outboard gear on a whim.

I've been eyeing a second GM800 to add to my Axe III rack because while I am perfectly fine with 3 switches live most of the time; I kinda want additional options from time to time and I don't want to blow up my FM3 switch layouts to make use of the flexibility if I were to keep it with the FM3's 3 switches. That drives me nuts trying to configure if we're being honest. VP could be a great as I feel like it would be a perfect sidecar to the FM board. Only thing is I need one feed for FOH and one feed for my amp on stage. The VP would have to be routed back into the FM somehow while still routing the GM800 into the FM as well.

Oof. You can see why I tend to stick to the gifs :rofl
Yeah but... that combo has roughly the same footprint and same price as an FM9, personally I wouldn't change my FM9 for that.
Ehhh the FM9 is awesome but it's kind of a battleship. I would rather be able to rearrange the units like I can with an FM3 and a VP vs full size FM9.

Back