Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

Don’t you guys are already have the fractile ax effects or FM9 or three have all these effects in there already
1729140709318.png

Cool. What the fuck does Cliff know about any of this product design and and marketing shit anyways.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

I'm clearly failing to explain myself.

VP4 is just a box with digital effects, switches and I/os like any other similar product on the market.

Everyone considering a multi FX will look at it as an option, it doesn't matter whether it's taken into consideration for "iit's ntended use" or not, whether the potential buyer is who fractal was aiming to or not.
Is on the shelf, people will look at it with their expectations about any product similar to the VP4.

Some of the potential buyers will find it underwhelming or limited compared to other products because it doesn't meet their needs. And again it doesn't matter what the "intended use" was.

Some will complain on the internet with reason.
For example, saying that 4 blocks are not enough it's legitimate given that this is a multi FX floor unit like any other on the market but it is limited compared to others. It's even named virtual pedalboard and not virtual reverb and lush delay machine. For some multi FX users 4 blocks only is a limitation. That's it. That's life.

Telling them that they are wrong because the VP4 is not made for them is silly and meaningless.

Last edited:
I'm mostly a plugin guy now and initially thought I didn't need the VP4. Now that all the info is out, my thoughts have changed and I will definitely be buying one as soon as they are available from G66. It will sit right in front of my audio interface and take care of all the pre effects like overdrive, wah, chorus etc.
I'm really pleased that the VP4 has an SPDIF connection, so I can plug it in without any additional conversion.
@2112 Will the trick with an LFO filter to control the Wah that you showed in one of your videos also work with the VP4?
But the VP4 has USB audio capabilities - so surely you could bypass your audio interface? of course if you wanted to monitor back in silent environment you wouldn't be able to do that due to no headphone output :unsure:

Last edited:
Think you're just trying to make it deeper than it actually is, tbh.

"This thing sucks!"
"It aint the thing you wanted, don't buy it"

That's about the sum total of the online discourse around this.

Ehhhhh.....

I don't think you're wrong here, I get too passionate about small things sometimes

Back