Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

I was minutes away from ordering a VP-4 to use as an outboard processor for my DAW, but discovered that my HT subwoofer apparently took a shit the other night and is out of warranty. I have a new one coming, so the VP-4 will have to wait a few months.
Disappointed How I Met Your Mother GIF by Laff

You clearly love this HX narrative but you're missing something, imho.

When you put on the market a floor multi FX unit you compete with all of them not only the ones you think you're competing with.

And while we might agree that the VP4 is aiming to the strymon,, eventide & crowed the everyone-else-crowd doesn't disappear.

Therefore, when a player form the everyone-else-crowd look for a floor multi FX unit compare the VP4 with the hxfx he might prefer the latter because costs less and offer more (from his needs).

Some players just need tools that makes gigging easy.

With love,
HotRats.
You just made Fractal's point for them. It's not competing with HXFX.

From Cliff:
"No product will ever satisfy everyone. If low price is your primary concern then the product is not for you. If having lots of simultaneous effects is your primary concern the product is not for you. If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice."

You can say whatever you want. Cliff is not aiming at Line6 or Boss with thVP4.

I asked Cliff if there was a Bluetooth chip inside but haven’t gotten a response. Makes sense. Letting that out of the bag before a mobile app was available would cause a Nerual DSP level extinction event.
Fair enough.

BTW are you cross-pollinating threads here, or am I just falling behind (again)?

You just made Fractal's point for them. It's not competing with HXFX.

From Cliff:
"No product will ever satisfy everyone. If low price is your primary concern then the product is not for you. If having lots of simultaneous effects is your primary concern the product is not for you. If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice."

You can say whatever you want. Cliff is not aiming at Line6 or Boss with thVP4.
but a size comparison between HXFX and VP4 is still interesting, if possible.

IMO with all these products it's not like there's an objective best option. It's going to be a personal preference matter.

I personally think this is a really cool high quality option compared to a more expensive Strymon setup or something more limited like Eventide. HX Stomp is probably a better value, and it comes down to the functionality needs and sonic preference.

HX Effects is cool on paper but I did not like the UX at all and there's noise issues. I think the Stomp XL is an improvement in almost every way.

Wait… hold up…

I can’t seem to understand… is this guy hooked up on an invisible pole up his ass? Or is this just the way he stands? Is it his pose?

I’m intrigued… it like… took all the attention away from the content.
That’s the Petrucci stance! Looks metal asf!

I was minutes away from ordering a VP-4 to use as an outboard processor for my DAW, but discovered that my HT subwoofer apparently took a shit the other night and is out of warranty. I have a new one coming, so the VP-4 will have to wait a few months.
NO WORRIEs it will be avail plenty in a few months

Back