What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
At this rate fractal's mystery product is.....

CHAOS AND DIVISION
The Boys Homelander GIF by Amazon Prime Video

All right ya'alll enough with the pointless bickering, this is a great forum, stop this now
Its fucking pointless
There wouldn't be forums if the occasionally bickering didn't occur 🤣

But what I like about this forum is how the bickering is handled. People get mad but eventually cooler heads prevail. Atleast here we are given the opportunity to work through it

Last edited:
My 2 cents is they made it Fischer Price on purpose.
How many older dudes out there have played nothing but a simple Fender combo for decades,
consciously shunning all the rack shit from the 80s and the modeling fad from the 90s.

Here we are in the 2020's and maybe the old blokes wanna give that new fangled digital stuff a go.

TMP is their modeler.

That’s exactly what they did, and it is a perfect solution for that application. It’s not really a good option for power users who like to dig deep and do crazy things (like so many of us here), but it was not intended to be that kind of unit. I’ve said this almost as many times as some people have complained about the Fractal UI, but most of the heat the TMP is getting stems directly from them releasing it at the same price point as Helix and the FM9, but without critical features that most experienced users would view as standard. This was just begging for comparisons to the big dogs. They have added some stuff so far, but they still have a ways to go before many people will see it as a contender in the high end floor unit market.

Having said all that, I would still not hesitate to recommend it to anybody who is just getting into modeling and wants an easy to use unit that sounds really good for basic, common signal chains.

Ah, no. It is horrendously gimped. No snapshots, no channels, UI has got so much wasted space due to it's adorable graphics. Effects are mediocre. Doesn't even have the level of adjustability of even the Helix from ten years ago. Doesn't even have the best Fender models. I've played one several times now, after firmware updates, and it's like it's competing with a 2016 Helix.

"But I'm happy with the tones I get out of it, man!" Well then super. But there's nothing "Pro" about it.
Wow tell us how youREALLY feel

In all seriousness, yes I have an Axe-Fx, and yes, I think it's all that, but also, I couldn't care less about what someone else plays through. The question I have is, if all the other modeling is "so close" to Fractal's like @Mongillo19 suggests, why the big crusade for a UI change?
Because people love Fractal so much overall they just want the UI to be as amazing as everything else about it?

My 2 cents is they made it Fischer Price on purpose.
How many older dudes out there have played nothing but a simple Fender combo for decades,
consciously shunning all the rack shit from the 80s and the modeling fad from the 90s.

Here we are in the 2020's and maybe the old blokes wanna give that new fangled digital stuff a go.

TMP is their modeler.
I tried the tmp in store in private room 3 x.. 2x after recent update and think it sounds ok but very limited in fender amps for being… fender. Effects didnt wow me and screen has a lot of wasted space so I do see the fisher price description. But it’s really pretty far behind the game and come 2025 when new line6 and fractal and bluamp things come out the temp will have even more ground to cover. If the qc didn’t have captures it would be in the same boat.

Back