What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why put the FM3 on a pedalboard? Just put it on the floor like it was designed to do. Been doing this for years with zero issues.

:rollsafe
Remember, the FM9 did not always exist so the FM3 with extras was your main option, especially when it wasn't as capable as it is today with the gapless switching and extra DSP from optimization + FM3 Turbo.

I still think it should have come with 4 footswitches because most things on the unit come in 2/4/8 switchable things.

By the time you add extra footswitches, an expression pedal etc you might want to mount all that on a board. Or maybe there's some special pedal you like that you want to use.

Forum wussie watt McCo: “Can you make it just a LITTLE smaller? My Fractal combo is about an inch deeper than I prefer.

Cliff: “I gig the AxeDx. Love I use it with a power amp and 4x12.”

Something tells me Cliff’s response to FM0 is…
Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

Tell us more about the old days, grandpa @laxu!

season 4 grandpa simpson GIF
Well, when you were just a wee young lad, we didn’t have them fancy floor modelers. You used the rack unit and that was it! Axe-Fx Standard or Ultra they would call it, with firmware versions in small numbers! And if you wanted to adjust it, you turned the big knob. The youth today with their under display knobs and large color screens don't know anything about the real Fractal struggle!

Well, when you were just a wee young lad, we didn’t have them fancy floor modelers. You used the rack unit and that was it! Axe-Fx Standard or Ultra they would call it, with firmware versions in small numbers! And if you wanted to adjust it, you turned the big knob. The youth today with their under display knobs and large color screens don't know anything about the real Fractal struggle!

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

while we’re touting FM-0, what kind of processing power should it have?

I like the idea of it being more of an agile/modular axe fx, than something that is still “inferior”. Not sure how much the extra processing affects cost vs the other savings it would make. Something more powerful could also beef up an existing FM-3 or 9 rig

while we’re touting FM-0, what kind of processing power should it have?

I like the idea of it being more of an agile/modular axe fx, than something that is still “inferior”. Not sure how much the extra processing affects cost vs the other savings it would make. Something more powerful could also beef up an existing FM-3 or 9 rig
If it can run the same signal chain as the FM3 it ought to be good; maybe better if it has some extra juice to run the Pitch Block in the Axe. The Virtual Capo in the FM3 wasn't as good.

Full power or close enough to the axe3 would be preferable. I can see the arguments for an fm3 powered or axe3 powered fm0. But if paying more for the dsp meant the fm0 mostly kept in line with the axe3 betas because they were similar, then that’s another bonus to being able to run dual amps and the kitchen sink with the higher processing.

I can see the counter argument which is trying to make this cheaper and more accessible, as well as keeping the axe3 the flagship with all the latest and greatest firmware… but I’d still rather have a full powered desktop solution (or you know, a plugin so I’m not limited by anything)

There is going to be a tube version as well, for those who need to plug their A.I.R. sensation (click to expand):
And I have herd there will be a thicker edition codenamed "Girtha"!!!

All in jest of course! This is not a Fractal product!!

Click to expand? Modern plugins have Bluetooth. The vibrato rate/depth and the expander/compressor are controlled from any mobile device.
Let's hope it doesn't need to be wired with primitive FASlink
Wendy Williams Vibrators GIF

Click to expand? Modern plugins have Bluetooth. The vibrato rate/depth and the expander/compressor are controlled from any mobile device.
Let's hope it doesn't need to be wired with primitive FASlink
Wendy Williams Vibrators GIF
I must know the story behind this gif.

Back