• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
puke GIF

If it’s possible to strip out a lot of the deep modeling parameters from the algorithms and reduce DSP requirements, I would be very interested to see how cheap they could make a small pedal box - agnostic of quantity of foot switches. It would be interesting to see if they can get close to the ~$600 market segment. I just don’t see how they get there from the FM3. Not that anyone is listening but I will continue to champion the form factor of the POD GO, I think it’s 😙🤌

Fractal has said in th

Take the FM3, throw out the footswitches and make it barely larger than the front panel. The FM3 takes a lot of space and is a poor fit on pedalboards with its miserable switch count. External footswitching would give you options.
It's a wonder FAS is still even in business at all with so much fail all over the place.....
roll-eyes-1.gif
laugh.gif

Why put the FM3 on a pedalboard? Just put it on the floor like it was designed to do. Been doing this for years with zero issues.

:rollsafe
Hybrid builds are a good way to bridge the gap between analog users and digital. I think it would be a good entry for fractal, especially when it seems all their competitors are getting into that field with what appears to be good success.

Not everyone wants an all in one solution and as great as digital can be, physical drives and fuzz still take the cake for me

Wishful thinking, but I still believe the only thing that makes sense is my idea of the FM0:
a minimalist box of chips for full Cygnus modeling.

Take the FM3 chassis and delete everything but the ports. Maybe make it smaller. Maybe stuff it with FM9 chips. Maybe stuff it with next generation DSP (and use that as a pathfinder for pivoting to the next generation of Fractal hardware).

For home/studio use, use Axe-Edit. For live use, use an FC and/or MIDI controllers.

* Requires firmware -- check!
* Hardware based -- check!
* Complements the existing product line -- check!
* Consistent with the current generation -- check!
* Minimal costs across R&D as well as production -- check!
* Minimal impacts to the dev team -- check!
* Leverages the much-loved Axe-Edit -- check!
* Stays in the Fractal lane -- check!

So I doubt it's "native"...and I'm skeptical that it's anything like all these mock-ups of Stomp-sized pedals. A new pedal requires real time and money -- just getting the thermals right would require lengthy development.

I also don't see Fractal cutting down their feature set to fit a "My First Modeller"; there's no precedent for them doing that and that seems like a bit of a lane change.

* It is not a replacement for any of their current products -- fail!!

FM0 + FC6 = FM3+3
Fail Black And White GIF

Last edited:
Back