• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like I should drop this video I did here:

So.... when I listen to these back to back clips, with just a simple pattern, the thing that really jumps out for me is how lush and full the Axe3 reverb sounds.

I think the simplicity in the chosen effects is what is at work here.
The delays are all fairly similar given it is just a bog standard digital delay. But the thing that sets these apart is how bright and centre-stage the reverb is capable of being with the Axe3.
The fractal example is straight up the best but not because its effects are better, it’s because how it’s dialed in. And so…
I struggled to get the Helix and BigSky to have the same kind of effect. Not saying they can't do it. Just that I struggled.
….its clear that it may be harder to tweak the other two examples to do the same.

One thought about the helix example is that it’s to much of everything. Frequencies are colliding and causing trouble there. Dynamic hall was not optimal maybe. Maybe a simple older legacy reverb would have been better? May be so with the Strymons also. The clarity and separation in all the nuances in the fractal segment is outstanding compared to the other two.

If something is not for me I don't make a sign and roll on down to the corner and start trying
to spread the word. Ok, maybe just that one time. But I learned my lesson from that experience. I swear.

I especially don't go into someone's backyard who is building and making the "not for me" thingies,
and tell him or her what it is about them I don't like, or how let down I am, or Wah, Wah, Wah, and
Blah, Blah, Blah that this or that is not up to my overly exceptional standards.

Manners are manners. Unless you don't have them, then you are just a douche used to literally douche an
actual douche.

The Office Yes GIF
It’s really damned if you do damned if you don’t
I am convinced that Cliff or any manufacturer for that matter could release the prefect compact , touchscreen , blue tooth , full featured product , some one would still bitch and start crappy threads

I think a lot of this stems from the YouTubers and podcasts we give their opions way to much weight on our decisions I feel sometimes

That why I made the parody
It’s not for me thread , it was inspired by a thread TOP and I thought it was funny .
Some guys I have never met are product bashing and telling the manufacture all the flaws and what they should have done and it’s hilarious

People think their opinions matter and they are more important than they really are
And unfortunately that’s the internet for ya

….its clear that it may be harder to tweak the other two examples to do the same.

One thought about the helix example is that it’s to much of everything. Frequencies are colliding and causing trouble there. May be so with the Strymons also. The clarity and separation in all the nuances in the fractal segment is outstanding compared to the other two.
This is the thing.

With the Fractal, once I'm on a block and viewing the right things.... I never feel like it is fighting against me. Whereas the BigSky for example... yo dude... I want more brightness... *cranks the tone knob* .... er.... you got any more???

This is the thing.

With the Fractal, once I'm on a block and viewing the right things.... I never feel like it is fighting against me. Whereas the BigSky for example... yo dude... I want more brightness... *cranks the tone knob* .... er.... you got any more???
That is it 100% - sometimes you aren’t in the mood to boil milk as JT would say.

" I wanna new Fractal......
I want it to do everything the Axe-Fx can do, only better......
I want it to control every other piece of my expert rig without me having to read anything......
I want it to have way more footswitches than I need.......
I want to have a touchscreen that works flawlessly every time I bother to caress it while playing to this crowd of ten......
I want it to be the size of a thimble...........
I want it now, for around tree fiddy, and if it can’t cover all that, how disappointing, I think it’s gonna be a hard-pass from me dawg……”

laugh.gif

Last edited:
I really do not need this at all but the GAS is strong nevertheless. The saving grace for my wallet (and my HX Stomp) is that there is no Scene MIDI at the moment or so I tell myself.

FWIW, I'd buy a VA4 in a heartbeat!

DRIVE + AMP + CAB in Fractal quality in a box with streamlined on-device editing would be the ultimate minimalist practice rig for aspiring guitarists like myself and give UA a run for its money.

Yes, I know that the FM3 exists but the power and plethora of options it provides are mostly distractions to me and I get distracted very easily. Also PC editors are not for me because playing guitar is about spending time away from the computer.

P.S.: I am glad that companies like Fractal can still exist in today's megacorp dystopia. Doing a single thing damn well instead of trying to do everything half-assed and chasing every stupid trend ❤️

I want it to do everything the Axe-Fx can do, only better......
You know, the only thing the Axe FX can't do that some other devices can is an external control out to switch amp channels without MIDI.

The TC G Major had this, the Headrush devices have this, the Boss GT1000Core has this, the HX Effects has this, I even have a generic $40 DemonFX overdrive that has a separate control out to do this. It's the only feature the Fractal line (other than the old FX8) still seems to be lacking and I'm not sure why. Otherwise they do absolutely everything under the sun.

You know, the only thing the Axe FX can't do that some other devices can is an external control out to switch amp channels without MIDI.

The TC G Major had this, the Headrush devices have this, the Boss GT1000Core has this, the HX Effects has this, I even have a generic $40 DemonFX overdrive that has a separate control out to do this. It's the only feature the Fractal line (other than the old FX8) still seems to be lacking and I'm not sure why. Otherwise they do absolutely everything under the sun.
Yep, lotta different gear to choose from nowadays......

One of the reasons could be that there's no physical space on the unit for the required jack plugs.
And/or that many modern multi-channel amps support MIDI these days.

That's likely because they consider it an unnecessary feature for what Axe-Fx is supposed to do.

You could add a Suhr MicroMIDI to your setup and do this over MIDI...well, if the VP4 would let you configure MIDI CC or PC messages to send on e.g preset or scene changes...

That's likely because they consider it an unnecessary feature for what Axe-Fx is supposed to do.

You could add a Suhr MicroMIDI to your setup and do this over MIDI...well, if the VP4 would let you configure MIDI CC or PC messages to send on e.g preset or scene changes...
I'm sure after reading this thread, the midi may be addressed...I hope...for this exact reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back