• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed it, but what's the estimated price on this unit?

Thanks. (y)
That seems like a reasonable price.

Thanks dude....I remember seeing this earlier on today....mine was just wishful thinking....but that is reasonable....I mean......I paid 400 for my mx5....and this has to be at least twice as good as that.....😝

Yup. Entitled, sniveling twats are entitled, sniveling twats. :pitchforks

At least here we can either be a) aware of our entitled sniveling twatdom, or b) funny
when we poke fun at one another about our entitled, sniveling twatdom.

I like it best when we are both. :banana

:rofl

Honestly I’ve just never seen some people so thoroughly miss the mark of what a pedal is. It’s being positioned as a modeler minus XYZ, as opposed to an effects pedal that does ABC. If an H90 - Timeline - Mobius - LVX - RVX - Big Sky etc. could run 4x4 effects presets with gapless preset switching it would be the envy of the pedal world. That’s the VP4.

A pitch > delay > reverb > plex block preset will be an ambient powerhouse. You gotta stack a handful of Strymon - Meris - Eventide pedals to start building ambient tones of that diverse quality. (Which is just one preset example)

But where’s the IR Loopinator?

Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

I’d love to be able to do full stereo 4CM, or go mono into the front of an amp and stereo in the loop, but that’s about as far as my personal wishlist would have gone for this. I’ll run this joker in a stereo amp loop and profit. (Like I do with 95% of the other stereo pedals I have)

If youre an all-in-one-at-all-cost dude, most effects pedals aren’t for you to begin with, but FAS sells those types of devices too.

This thing looks dope AF.

Last edited:
4 footswitches seems a bit limiting for a virtual pedalboard
7 if they allow two adjacent switches at once (I think they could?).
They could sell a shoe addon for people with narrow feet ;)

10 if you are Bigfoot or turn your feet (+2x 3 at once + 1x 4 at once)

Last edited:
Most people in the fractal forum already have a device. A “lower” featured, fx only device is, imho, targeted at people who aren’t in the fractal ecosystem yet.

That's still excuse or rationale for being a collection of uncouth, ungrateful, and utterly irritating asshats about it.

And trust me, I know what being an asshat is all about. :beer

If something is not for me I don't make a sign and roll on down to the corner and start trying
to spread the word. Ok, maybe just that one time. But I learned my lesson from that experience. I swear.

I especially don't go into someone's backyard who is building and making the "not for me" thingies,
and tell him or her what it is about them I don't like, or how let down I am, or Wah, Wah, Wah, and
Blah, Blah, Blah that this or that is not up to my overly exceptional standards.

Manners are manners. Unless you don't have them, then you are just a douche used to literally douche an
actual douche.

The Office Yes GIF

If something is not for me I don't make a sign and roll on down to the corner and start trying
to spread the word. Ok, maybe just that one time. But I learned my lesson from that experience. I swear.

I especially don't go into someone's backyard who is building and making the "not for me" thingies,
and tell him or her what it is about them I don't like, or how let down I am, or Wah, Wah, Wah, and
Blah, Blah, Blah that this or that is not up to my overly exceptional standards.

Manners are manners. Unless you don't have them, then you are just a douche used to literally douche an
actual douche.

The Office Yes GIF

Well said. It's remarkable, the rudeness, and they're regular members over there. So clueless.

Adding MIDI clock should be easy. The VP-4 code was frozen before it was implemented in the Axe-Fx III and the FM-3/9. The only development allowed after code is frozen is bug fixing.

The VP-4 uses the Axe-Fx III DSP's little brother. It's a single core version with the same instruction set so porting stuff from the Axe-Fx III is almost trivial.

We're already talking about adding a Looper and an IR player block.

The product focus was on three things: quality, simplicity and flexibility.

Re. quality. It uses premium analog components and converters. The input stage is FET and the op-amps are all "iPolar". None of this cheap CMOS stuff that other products are using.

No product will ever satisfy everyone. If low price is your primary concern then the product is not for you. If having lots of simultaneous effects is your primary concern the product is not for you. If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice.
Did you mean "bipolar" op amps? Not criticizing, just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back