• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think this one is for me personally.

I’m not a fan of the drives and comps in Fractal, so I would probably use this for post-amp effects.

But if I’m building a pedalboard I’d rather have analog modulation pedals (even though I love Fractal modulation), and for reverb I’d still want a better spring reverb.

So I guess for me it would end up being mostly a really nice delay pedal. But I’d rather have Boss digital and EHX analog delays for a pedalboard.

I don’t think this one is for me personally.

I’m not a fan of the drives and comps in Fractal, so I would probably use this for post-amp effects.

But if I’m building a pedalboard I’d rather have analog modulation pedals (even though I love Fractal modulation), and for reverb I’d still want a better spring reverb.

So I guess for me it would end up being mostly a really nice delay pedal. But I’d rather have Boss digital and EHX analog delays for a pedalboard.

Same. I love Fractal, and wouldn't off my FM3 for anything remotely similar. I used
it again at practice with my typical JCM800 and a new EV0based IR and it f'ing
slayed.

But yeah, if space is not a constraint I'll take a tasty row of pedals first.

I trust it will be a great product for them. :beer

Adding MIDI clock should be easy. The VP-4 code was frozen before it was implemented in the Axe-Fx III and the FM-3/9. The only development allowed after code is frozen is bug fixing.

The VP-4 uses the Axe-Fx III DSP's little brother. It's a single core version with the same instruction set so porting stuff from the Axe-Fx III is almost trivial.

We're already talking about adding a Looper and an IR player block.

The product focus was on three things: quality, simplicity and flexibility.

Re. quality. It uses premium analog components and converters. The input stage is FET and the op-amps are all "iPolar". None of this cheap CMOS stuff that other products are using.

No product will ever satisfy everyone. If low price is your primary concern then the product is not for you. If having lots of simultaneous effects is your primary concern the product is not for you. If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice.

The VP-4 uses the Axe-Fx III DSP's little brother. It's a single core version with the same instruction set so porting stuff from the Axe-Fx III is almost trivial.

This is why we love you. My Axe FX already received 3 free firmware updates since I started typing this sentence.

1728668145761.png

If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice.
I'm very much game for this. My only concern is basically "Will I like working with it without the editor?"

Adding MIDI clock should be easy. The VP-4 code was frozen before it was implemented in the Axe-Fx III and the FM-3/9. The only development allowed after code is frozen is bug fixing.

The product focus was on three things: quality, simplicity and flexibility.

Re. quality. It uses premium analog components and converters. The input stage is FET and the op-amps are all "iPolar". None of this cheap CMOS stuff that other products are using.

No product will ever satisfy everyone. If low price is your primary concern then the product is not for you. If having lots of simultaneous effects is your primary concern the product is not for you. If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice.
Damn it, I guess I will be buying one after all if a looper and IR player are likely to be added.

IR player block is a scary proposition. Don't tone matches use the IR block? So if you loaded up a Tone Match IR you could have, in effect, a full signal chain including amp and cab? Like drive, IR, delay, reverb?? 😬

Oops never mind. Tone match needs an amp block along with the IR block.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back