• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks-like-a-little-troll-party-lennart-bedrager.gif

Adding MIDI clock should be easy. The VP-4 code was frozen before it was implemented in the Axe-Fx III and the FM-3/9. The only development allowed after code is frozen is bug fixing.

The VP-4 uses the Axe-Fx III DSP's little brother. It's a single core version with the same instruction set so porting stuff from the Axe-Fx III is almost trivial.

We're already talking about adding a Looper and an IR player block.

The product focus was on three things: quality, simplicity and flexibility.

Re. quality. It uses premium analog components and converters. The input stage is FET and the op-amps are all "iPolar". None of this cheap CMOS stuff that other products are using.

No product will ever satisfy everyone. If low price is your primary concern then the product is not for you. If having lots of simultaneous effects is your primary concern the product is not for you. If having up to four, high-quality effects from the Axe-Fx III in a small, pedal board-friendly format is what you want then this product is a compelling choice.
Praying to Jobu for an IR block down the road. Doesn't need any bells and whistles

FWIW, my hot take on this unit.

I'll almost certainly buy one - whilst I sold both my FM3 and FM9 because I didn't think they were qualitatively "better" than my Helix for my usage case, there was still a lot to like about them.

I don't know what this unit will cost here in the UK, but as someone who thinks that the HX One is a great pedal for the price, the FX4, if it comes in at less than 4 x HX One, for 4 simultaneous effects, I think the FX4 is a great deal because some of the Fractal FX are the best that I've ever heard....

(Still prefer HX drives over Fractal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back