• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no picture in the manual for what the screen looks like editing or viewing parameters in a block. Curious about that.

Seems fairly straightforward in the manual though to edit. Turn the select knob to highlight a block, press Enter to edit the block, turn the corresponding A-D knob to adjust value, page arrow to get to other pages.

I’m cautiously optimistic this will be pretty simple for basic on-device tweaks.
That's exactly how it works.

Damned ChatGPT! We could have asked on the first week of August, and we would have saved 4663 posts of speculation :rofl

- Tell me everything about the new fractal audio VP-4

"The Fractal Audio VP-4, known as the Virtual Pedalboard, is an upcoming product from Fractal Audio that builds on the company's expertise in high-quality effects processing. The VP-4 is not meant to replace any current product but offers a streamlined and simplified interface tailored for live performance. It features four foot switches and focuses solely on effects, much like the previous FX8 pedalboard, but with some refinements.

Key features include:

- **Effects Processing**: It can handle complex effects chains, including Dual Detune, Reverb, Delay, and Plex Delay, without needing to switch to economy modes. This makes it a versatile tool for live performers.

- **Analog Path**: The VP-4 incorporates the analog circuitry found in the Axe-Fx III, which ensures top-tier sound quality and compatibility with various gear, including tricky effects loops.

- **Simplified UI**: Designed for ease of use during live shows, its user interface is streamlined, offering presets, channels, and scenes, but without the overwhelming complexity of some other Fractal products.

- **Form Factor**: It measures 254mm x 160.3mm, making it compact yet powerful.

There has been some discussion about the lack of a headphone output and the fact that it is designed to integrate well with other Fractal systems like the FM3 to offload CPU usage. However, it appears focused solely on effects, not amp modeling.

While the official pricing and release date have yet to be confirmed, more details are expected soon"

IT SAID SOON!!! Did you see that?? SOON!!! :D :banana

CThat's exactly how it works.

@FractalAudio and @Whizzinby are the same person! I DEMAND to see the IP log addresses!!!!!

dollar bill illuminati GIF

Another question ..... its a probable unknown at this stage ... the VP4 has some new efx not in anything else [very nice] .... as well as this, does it contain the full suite of the existing Fractal EFX -or- is it a curated list ?
I can answer that wrt the Drives:

Axe III has 69 types, VP4 has 63. The ones that are missing are only the variations. EG- on The III, the Timothy has 3 variants- 'Down', 'Mid', & 'Up'. On the 4, it's just Timothy.

Whilst this release isn't for me .... if I had a Nano Cortex or Tonex Pedal [which I don't] it would be massively tempting and almost a total no brainer.

To better understand:-

-> if you put a NC or Tonex in the VP4 Loop ... does it use up one of the 4 available Blocks ?
-> is it clear from the manual leaks so far if it does Send Midi CC ?

Regardless, I can see this being a *very* popular unit for people who want/use smaller boards and don't have needs for large effect chains at any single point in time.

Whilst this release isn't for me .... if I had a Nano Cortex or Tonex Pedal [which I don't] it would be massively tempting and almost a total no brainer.

To better understand:-

-> if you put a NC or Tonex in the VP4 Loop ... does it use up one of the 4 available Blocks ?
-> is it clear from the manual leaks so far if it does Send Midi CC ?

Regardless, I can see this being a *very* popular unit for people who want/use smaller boards and don't have needs for large effect chains at any single point in time.
My understanding is that it has 4 effects + gate + graphic EQ + loop for 4 CM, but I could be wrong

Whew, I'm caught up on 40 pages. Jeez you guys!

When I bought my Axe III almost 4 years ago, I wanted a high-quality, state-of-the-art, multi-effects unit. I was drawn to Fractal, but the FX8 was getting old, and for the money I would've needed to spend, I just went for the big dog, and figured amp modelling would just be icing on the cake.

If this was an option then, this is what I'd have bought. And I may still buy it, because I already know the quality of the effects will be great.

Might sound silly, but I'd like to try this just to hear the 80 factory presets!

Last edited:
I think I'll hook up the FM3 to my synth rig and see how it works out before I buy the VP4 and end up single. I could sell the H90 but I'd end up needing two things to replace it... I could basically use the Mercury X as a delay/reverb (modulation even) for one synth and run this with another. Maybe even build a convoluted switching rig.. Hmmmmmm.... I'm going to end up single

Too many pages already!

I'll take the time to keep up with the news, in the the meantime all I can say is
1. is good that Fractal went for this kind of simplified product
2. 4 footswitches seems a bit limiting for a virtual pedalboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back