• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And have newcomers wade through all that shhh ... um ... "out of date content" ?
Anyone passing through here…. It’s a test! If they stay it’s the right person, the rest gets scared away.
Just caught this gem.

"The enclosure itself hints are excellent improvements such as smaller size, lower weight, external power, and maybe lower latency."

Yeah, one of those things is not like the others dawg.
Sounds like

Some nights all a man needs is to put on his leather mask, slip into the buttless gimp suit, and settle down to a bit of analog dry thru.
Analog dry thru is more like clearing out your cupboards and counting your cardigans.

Magic Drowning GIF by Taylor Swift

Yep, when my uncle was here last we were A/B'ing my OCD with the Fractal OCD and while we could pick up on a tiny, tiny difference, neither of us could put into words what that difference was. Also gotta take into account which OCD version I have and which one was modeled....I can't remember if I looked that up before or not.
Way to be OCD about OCDs :D

So wait, can you load up, for example, like, 16 different effects, and maybe like 6 different TYPES of effects, via "the grid", and can only use 4 at a time, or can you only load say, 4 effects types and are limited to that?

I’m wondering if this unit has the pitch modifier LFO as well. I have an FM9 preset where it is a dry signal for lower palm-muted rhythms then when I hit the middle of the guitar or higher, the pitch modifier kicks in the reverb and delay effects for me. To keep levels in check, I run 3 paths with 1 dry path and the reverb and delay in their own paths and it works well. I wonder if that can be accomplished in the VP4. If not, no biggie as it’s really a niche thing, but playing in a live band it means one less need to touch a pedal.

I’m wondering if this unit has the pitch modifier LFO as well. I have an FM9 preset where it is a dry signal for lower palm-muted rhythms then when I hit the middle of the guitar or higher, the pitch modifier kicks in the reverb and delay effects for me. To keep levels in check, I run 3 paths with 1 dry path and the reverb and delay in their own paths and it works well. I wonder if that can be accomplished in the VP4. If not, no biggie as it’s really a niche thing, but playing in a live band it means one less need to touch a pedal.
1728594656469.png

So wait, can you load up, for example, like, 16 different effects, and maybe like 6 different TYPES of effects, via "the grid", and can only use 4 at a time, or can you only load say, 4 effects types and are limited to that?

4 blocks, (Delay, Reverb, Drive, Chorus, Pitch, Flanger etc) with 4 channels in each block. (So each block can have four distinct models of that type loaded as channels etc)

So for ex.

4 delays
4 reverbs
4 plex
4 pitch

One of each block (4 total) running simultaneously.

This would pair really well with the Gigrig G3 I think. It probably would replace the Meris LVX and MercuryX. Those are two of my favourite pedals ever though, so I need to really consider this.

The 4 block thing... not sooooooo excited by that, but it could work.

This would pair really well with the Gigrig G3 I think. It probably would replace the Meris LVX and MercuryX. Those are two of my favourite pedals ever though, so I need to really consider this.

The 4 block thing... not sooooooo excited by that, but it could work.

I’m kind of surprised there aren’t more block limitations. You can have two reverb blocks and two delay blocks loaded, so you could theoretically have FS access to 8 reverbs and 8 delays to mix, match, and stack from one preset. Add a Plex delay in for one of them and it has monster ambient pedal potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back