• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fractal‘s SD-1 and various Tube Screamer models are the best digital emulations I‘ve ever tried. With every other modeler or plugin I still use my analog TS, but with the FM3 I‘m 99% happy with the drive block. The missing 1% is just because there‘s no HM-2 model.

I think Fractal and Helix drives are both very good. Helix has one effect called the Xenomorph Fuzz, which is absolutely faaannnnnnnffuuuucckkkkinnngggggtaaasssstttiiccccccc that the Fractal universe just doesn't really have. But other than that, they're both fairly close to one another IMO.

I can't find that either. Whizz is clearly quoting from he is and Cliff's private chat. 😂
Strikes me that it is wrong. Makes little sense to me to include scenes functionality if you can only load 4 blocks. I could be wrong. I'd be a little bit deflated if it only had 4 blocks. I'm imagining something that really does compete with the HX Stomp or HX Effects in terms of some reasonable amount of signal complexity.

Actually I'll defend the TC effects there. They're very good. Particularly the delays.
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

All will be revealed next week.

It does have channels and scenes and presets, etc. but in a simplified approach. It's primary application is live performance and the UI was designed with that in mind.

It sounds very good. It has the analog path from the Axe-Fx III (which evolved from the FX-8). Beta testers report that it "plays nicely" with difficult fx loops.

I, personally, would release the manual but Matt would probably kill me.

Here's a teaser:
View attachment 30551
Very cool :cool:
I was hoping for something awesome like this. I'm tempted and if I do snag one, I'm sure it'd go very nicely paired on my pedal board with Dimehead's NAM Player and a bunch of other misfits =)

Strikes me that it is wrong. Makes little sense to me to include scenes functionality if you can only load 4 blocks. I could be wrong. I'd be a little bit deflated if it only had 4 blocks. I'm imagining something that really does compete with the HX Stomp or HX Effects in terms of some reasonable amount of signal complexity.
Idk. Since it has channel functionality, including scenes as well makes sense.

I kinda get you on if it has only 4 blocks at a time but I also think 4 at a time could be enough for me. I'm only considering it for post effects though.

Unless I get two of them. 😯

It can, but it is not optimized for that use. Some people have issues with noise when using the FM3 in that manner. The Axe-FX III and FM9 both have hardware that is better suited for 4CM use.
FWIW I have never had any issue with it w/ any of my amps. Was surprised to see some folks claiming otherwise... I don't doubt that FM9 is 'better' but I'd be inclined to push back on claims that the FM3 was somehow unsuitable for 4CM given that is hardly difficult and presents no issues in direct experience.

Anyway, for the VP4, I'm guessing this is a much simpler (and less expensive product).

Based on the name and the display, I have to wonder if this product is dropping the grid concept or, more likely scaling it way down. That'd unburden the UI a lot right out of the gate. Most pedal boards are just straight series routing between individual effects, I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back