• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always Sunny Shut Up GIF

Matt's not here aka Matt Schmatt

All will be revealed next week.

It does have channels and scenes and presets, etc. but in a simplified approach. It's primary application is live performance and the UI was designed with that in mind.

It sounds very good. It has the analog path from the Axe-Fx III (which evolved from the FX-8). Beta testers report that it "plays nicely" with difficult fx loops.

I, personally, would release the manual but Matt would probably kill me.

Here's a teaser:
View attachment 30551

Well I already know I'm buying this.

@FractalAudio is the audio path from the axe-fx iii different from the fm3?

I hesitate to post this.... but now I need to consider whether this can do everything I need, versus my Meris LVX and MercuryX....

Assuming it gives you all of the Axe3's delays and effects, and assuming I can load multiple of them at once...... that might be a good trade off.

I hesitate to post this.... but now I need to consider whether this can do everything I need, versus my Meris LVX and MercuryX....

Assuming it gives you all of the Axe3's delays and effects, and assuming I can load multiple of them at once...... that might be a good trade off.

Up to 4 effects simultaneously, per Cliff a few pages back

I never really thought about the fractal drives before. Anyone who already owns a fractal want to chime in? How do they stack up against analogue pedals in front of an amp?

I never really thought about the fractal drives before. Anyone who already owns a fractal want to chime in? How do they stack up against analogue pedals in front of an amp?
You won't like my answer but I prefer analog drives. They are fine though!

I still don't think a digital device has nailed fuzz just yet.

I sub to @JiveTurkey analog up front digital in the loop

It sounds very good. It has the analog path from the Axe-Fx III (which evolved from the FX-8). Beta testers report that it "plays nicely" with difficult fx loops.

I know there was an issue with the FX8 and the Fryette Power Stations not playing nicely, due to incompatible design decisions. Do you know if anyone tested this with a Power Station?

Can you play Doom on it?

If you can't, you have no business dooming.

You won't like my answer but I prefer analog drives. They are fine though!

I still don't think a digital device has nailed fuzz just yet.

I sub to @JiveTurkey analog up front digital in the loop

It's the answer I was expecting. I think the ODs in the Helix are decent but like you I've never heard a digital solution that's come close to nailing a fuzz face or tone bender.

In the AxeIII they sound great. They clean up well too, even the fuzzes when you use the variable input impedance. Fingers crossed for variable impedance on this.

In the AxeIII they sound great. They clean up well too, even the fuzzes when you use the variable input impedance. Fingers crossed for variable impedance on this.
Yes I will say the clean up on the volume roll back is very nice!

I just don't think they capture the chaotic, richness/fullness of an analog fuzz

All will be revealed next week.

It does have channels and scenes and presets, etc. but in a simplified approach. It's primary application is live performance and the UI was designed with that in mind.

I, personally, would release the manual but Matt would probably kill me.

Here's a teaser:
View attachment 30551
I still think this is the greatest troll thread ever. 😄

It's the answer I was expecting. I think the ODs in the Helix are decent but like you I've never heard a digital solution that's come close to nailing a fuzz face or tone bender.
No digital device will do a fuzz properly because the input impedance is nonlinear. Digital devices necessarily have an input buffer. I will say our conventional, buffered, drive models are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back