• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the statement that the new device would not replace (or was it compete) with existing devices is due to:
  • Lack of Balanced Outputs
  • No ability to combine 4 cable method with stereo input
  • Other hardware and software limitations (e.g., limits on types of effects, limiting routing, etc).

Perhaps the statement that the new device would not replace (or was it compete) with existing devices is due to:
  • Lack of Balanced Outputs
  • No ability to combine 4 cable method with stereo input
  • Other hardware and software limitations (e.g., limits on types of effects, limiting routing, etc).
Nah mate. It is coz it doesn't have built in amps.

Unfortunately our shipping container is at the mercy of the International Longshoremen's Association.
IMG_3863.gif

So how much is amp modelling worth? You'd almost think half right? FM3 turbo is what, $1100? If this clocks in between $500-600 it would shake the industry

So how much is amp modelling worth? You'd almost think half right? FM3 turbo is what, $1100? If this clocks in between $500-600 it would shake the industry
My bet is $800 or $900. As others have mentioned, the H9/0 is similarly priced but one would assume the fractal will have more effects of similar quality (if not better)

Like the axefx or fm units wont have same effects
Axe3:
- Great unit, but a hassle to setup with a valve amp in 4-cable-method. Especially at a live show.
- Requires the additional purchase of some kind of foot controller.
- Not the most intuitive or fast programming experience from the front panel.

FM3:
- Doesn't have the same secret sauce I/O processing that the bigger units have.
- Only 3 footswitches.
- Limited DSP capabilities.

FM9:
- Too big to go on a pedalboard with my other favourite pedals.
- Same programming experience as the Axe3.
- Expensive.

You want any more harsh browns?

tastyfood hashbrowns GIF by Gifs Lab

Axe3:
- Great unit, but a hassle to setup with a valve amp in 4-cable-method. Especially at a live show.
- Requires the additional purchase of some kind of foot controller.
- Not the most intuitive or fast programming experience from the front panel.

FM3:
- Doesn't have the same secret sauce I/O processing that the bigger units have.
- Only 3 footswitches.
- Limited DSP capabilities.

FM9:
- Too big to go on a pedalboard with my other favourite pedals.
- Same programming experience as the Axe3.
- Expensive.

You want any more harsh browns?

tastyfood hashbrowns GIF by Gifs Lab
Why wouldn’t an FM9 be your whole paddleboard pretty much with Everything in it? Sure you guys love you guys have your secrets sauce special effects you can’t live without blah blah blah but in general FM9 on the floor is really all you would need

Why wouldn’t an FM9 be your whole paddleboard pretty much with Everything in it? Sure you guys love you guys have your secrets sauce special effects you can’t live without blah blah blah but in general FM9 on the floor is really all you would need
Then why don't you ante up and buy one?

ZINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Tim, if I told you that all YOU really need is a Squire, a Metal Zone and a Pignose, would I be accurate?

Would I have any actual information that would tell me what YOUR needs are as a player to be able to dictate what YOU need?

I'm willing to bet that's a "No" to both my questions.

For a good amount of us, "need" doesn't apply. Really, I'd argue that there isn't a single living person on the planet that needs a Fractal unit, but they're sure as fuck are fun to own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back