• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it today?

1000067360.gif

I’m sure there is a market for FX only fractal products, but how is that exciting for existing customers that own the Axe Fx or any of the FM products? We already have all the FX PLUS the amps. I guess this is for the folks that haven’t gone all in on modeling yet..

Many of us are crazy? Or have multiple rigs? Someone may have a fractal rig for direct modeling and then a pedalboard where this could be useful for effects alongside an amp.

Please tell me this is a sick joke
I fuck with you not. The same thing I keep complaining about more broadly - where an effect block's edit pop-up is "modal" and prevents you from moving blocks on the visible lane, etc. - also prevents you from clicking the Undo and Redo buttons. So if, for instance, you've been meticulously tweaking your modulated reverb and you say "whoops", your only recourse is to first close the verb's edit screen and then start wacking on that Undo button blind. At this point we're talking about a tiny touchscreen control with zero visual or haptic feedback, so you'd better have very good ears on you.

It's a remarkably stupid UI decision, and it should be easily remedied.

I’m sure there is a market for FX only fractal products, but how is that exciting for existing customers that own the Axe Fx or any of the FM products? We already have all the FX PLUS the amps. I guess this is for the folks that haven’t gone all in on modeling yet..

I have both an AxeFX III and an FM9 and I'm extremely excited for this. AxeFX stays in my studio and while the FM9 has been in 4CM with my tube amps, I want to use specific dirt pedals (that can't be found in a Fractal unit) with the amps while having Fractal effects. My FM9 board is 3' long with no room for additional pedals. I'd rather have the FM9 board as it's own rig, no other pedals. FM3 doesn't have enough juice to run my normal effects chains, so the FX4 will be perfect.

The III I have racked. And for me is too big to drag out with a head to the 4cm thing. It's purpose is so I can make use of the FC12 and go nuts with switching if I want to. The FM3 on my board is like boiled down to perfection and not ideal for 4cm. The FX4 I am pretty much looking at as a Stomp replacement for in the loop fun times. And an excuse to buy more amps I don't need
:rollsafe :rubshands :sofa :love

The III I have racked. And for me is too big to drag out with a head to the 4cm thing. It's purpose is so I can make use of the FC12 and go nuts with switching if I want to. The FM3 on my board is like boiled down to perfection and not ideal for 4cm. The FX4 I am pretty much looking at as a Stomp replacement for in the loop fun times. And an excuse to buy more amps I don't need
:rollsafe :rubshands :sofa :love
That's exactly what I'm thinking too... :giggle:

So I've finally worked through the last 30 pages of waffles and it seems like the consensus is that it's an FX only unit.
Was fun y'all, but I'm going to head out now. I wonder if it's OK to get an early Christmas present (FM3) in October 🤔

Season 2 Goodbye GIF by Nanalan'

I'm already thinking of how I'd build a board out with it, without knowing the full specs. Ideally, I'd get a loop switcher for 4-6 pedals and have it MIDI controlled via the FX4 so I'm only stepping on the FX4 for patch changes. Won't be ultra bummed if there's no amp channel relays on it since the amps will probably rotate and not all use 1/4" jacks for the footswitches, I don't mind doing that externally via MIDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back